Public iTunes Beta Released

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
mcascio
Founder
Founder

Public iTunes Beta Released

Postby mcascio » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:01 am

OK - we still have a few issues we are working on but are close.

We've posted a public beta that is available from MLInstaller's beta section.

You'll need both the MLiTunes Plugin, and MLiTunes Service.

All the current scenes are included in the install of MainLobby 3.00.130.

Extract them to your content folder as you have specified in MainLobby's OPTIONS > STARTUP > content folder and then load:
itunes_console_thumbs.mls

Press the SETUP icon on the bottom, then press the SET SELECTED ITUNES button. This will set a variable that is used throughout the scenes. If MLServer has Save Variables on close, you will only have to do this once. Next Press INITIALIZE THIS CLIENT NOW. This sends a command to MLITUNES to let it know that you want to communicate. Sending any command to the plugin will initialize as well.

The scenes make extensive use of layers. So when you go into EDIT/DESIGN mode there are actually no buttons on the scenes, rather you'll need to load the appropriate overlay. This technique allowed us t move freely through scenes without noticing the scene changes and reuse navigation from certain scenes.

The NOW PLAYING text turns green from left to right to show the current playing songs progress. Press the NOW PLAYING button to see what's currently in the que.

By default, MLItunes Service is installed to Cinemar\MLitunes folder. You'll need to share the MLiTunesCoverArt folder if iTunes is on a different machine than MLServer in order to view cover art.

From the MLITUNES PLUGIN, opt to add the MLITUNES SERVICE controller. You should be able to leave all default ports.

1) Once completed then start MLServer
2) Then select Add
3) Leave all the defaults, Number = 001, Alias = Device_001, Model = MLItunesService

For complete documentation visit:
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... nes_Plugin

SCREENSHOTS

ALBUM THUMBNAIL VIEW

ALBUM LIST VIEW

VIEW ALBUM TRACKS

PLAY TRACK CONFIRMATION PAGE

SEARCH PAGE

ANIMATED SCREENSAVER ATTRACTS USERS TO INTERACT
Last edited by mcascio on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 am

Looks great!

I have a couple questions before I try it out.

I am currently trying out MusicLobby3 and J Rivers Media Center. I have J Rivers Media Center loaded on my HS machine (which is also running MLServer3). It is working pretty nicely. I do not want both MusicLobby3 and the itunes plugin so I am going to decide which one is best for me. Here are my questions.

Currently my whole house audio is tied to the sound card in my HomeSeer machine which is running MLServer3.

iTunes is loaded on a different machine on my home network. Will I be able to play the music using the MLiTunes plugin and have the audio play on my HS machine (which has MLServer on it)?

Also, I currently have my scenes setup using overlays and hope that the iTunes scenes can be resized to fit on my scenes (I have menus to the left and bottom of the main scene page (similar to your examples when you install MainLobby3.

Please let me know. Thx

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:34 am

The audio playback will come from the iTunes machine itself. If the itunes PC is physically not near your whole house audio system, you can purchase an Airport Express Base Station to send the audio wireless into your Whole House Audio system.

Or you have the option of installing iTunes on your MLServer 3 machine.

The iTunes scenes were designed for 1024x768 and make extensive use of two to three of the overlay fields. The interface is completely customizable, so you can really conform it to your needs but it might take work on your end to manipulate the scenes.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Regarding the scenes....

How easy is it to resize them? I am using scenes that look much like your 0019 samples in ML where the middle part of the scene is where the main page info will be. The iTunes scenes are the full 1024X768. This may pose a problem with how I am doing my scenes, not sure yet. I am still re-learning everything :)

EDIT: I seem to be missing the itunes background skin

elmn8r

Postby elmn8r » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:17 pm

I get a page not found when trying the link above for the scenes download. Anyone else having this problem? Or, are they included somewhere with the plugin or service download. I have downloaded both but can't seem to find scenes anywhere...

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:33 pm

elmn8r,

The scenes are now included as part of the MainLobby 3 Version 3.00.130 install.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

elmn8r

Postby elmn8r » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Mario,

Got it. Thanks. Somehow I had missed that.

Logan

windrockwater

Postby windrockwater » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:46 pm

My MLItunes says "expired" under the license column of MlServer. Will this cause it to cease functioning? Or am i unable to get it working anymore because of some other reason?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 pm

expired will halt the works. Send an email to dave at cinemaronline dot com and request a trial license extension.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Mario - Just wondering what the status is? Seems to be very stable in my testing. Are you planning to go to final soon?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 pm

Sorry guys. ITunes has taken back seat to bugs/issues in released plugins/drivers.

We need to test this with the latest iTunes 8 release.

Has anyone else tested yet with iTunes 8?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Well, hope you can get through those issues quickly and get back to this one, as it was so close to production.

As for iTunes version 8.0.1.11, works great, actually better in my environment. It seems that this version is more optimized and faster all the way around, which makes Cinemar faster.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:02 am

Dave and everyone,

We just posted a new version.

MLItunes Service is now MLItunes Agent.

Search for MLItunes in the Installation Assistant and you'll find the updates.

During install, opt to overwrite the database for each installation. Then don't forget to go back into the MLItunes plugin and add the MLItunes Agent Controller.

Give these latest versions a run through and let us know how it goes.

During the past couple months we were working on improving the loading process, but ran into difficulties along the way. Unfortunately we came full circle back to where we started for the most part. :(
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Tried to add my devices back into the MLItunes plugin after overwriting the database, and got this error:

Code: Select all

Run-time error '76':
Path not found

Another hardcoded C: reference? I have no C: drive.
I also don't have iTunes installed on the MLServer machine, which wasn't required with previous versions.

Dean

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:24 am

Under Cinemar in the Windows Start I have MLiTunesService and MLiTunesAgent. Should they both be started? If so, should they both show up in MLServer? Because only MLiTunesAgent shows up under tje devices.

Return to “iTunes”