iTunes: Open Call for Beta Testers

Discussions for the iTunes Music Interface
JaySway

Postby JaySway » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:58 pm

From what I can tell, only the first song from any given album will show the coverart. I haven't experienced this issue in the past. Before downloading the latest client tonight I did wipe / rebuild my databases and clear the mlserver image cache.

Other than that, it seems a bit faster on the synch, etc.

Jay

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Song Search Works Now

Postby ronsatter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 pm

mcascio wrote:New versions of Agent and Plugin posted today.

Please download and test out and report any bug issues.

Mario,

The search scene buttons all work now, including the song search. :)

I'm thinking this puppy is getting burned in now. I did notice that the song list for the "Now Playing" scene does not auto update when the current song playing is on a next page. When you manually advance to the next page on the "Now Playing" scene, it shows the correct playing song, including the green pointer triangle. Shouldn't the pages update as the "Now Playing" song items advance through the list?

Also, if you choose to "remove previously played songs" (using the plugin settings) from the "Now Playing" list, after the last song has finished playing ... it remains in the list. Logically, when the list is completed, all songs should be removed from the list. Right?

Still haven't checked on the "Play Playlist" command. The last time I checked, it did not display the songs in the "Now Playing" scene. Also,
there were issues getting the "Play Track" command to work too.

Thanks for the quick updates. Much appreciated.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

lunkan

Postby lunkan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Realy like this plugin, was happy in the morning but now nothing works out for me... Search page not working, playlists ok. Yeess, playing around with this whole day, create custom scenes and so to get high waf factor. Only one thing to check, restart the computer, after that.... Can't really do nothing..ok, volume up and down and play playlists.
On thing I notice was that this plugin works thogether with Itunes remote app on my Itouch. :wink:
wating for next beta :)
Nope, now some mer wine and relax. Happy haloween to you all!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:52 pm

The plugin works very well and is nearly ready for distribution. It has been thoroughly tested over the last several months.

I am sure that it is just an easy setting or two that is not correct. Post screen shots of you setup panels for the agent and the plug-in.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

lunkan

Postby lunkan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:38 am

My screen shots

[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:49 am

Everything looks correct. The only issue I see is that there are some errors in the log due to the database not matching the actual iTunes playlist. This happens when you add items to iTunes when the agent is connected. I would rebuild the database from the agent and see if things improve. That typically repairs any of my problems.

Mario; Any other items he might try?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

lunkan

Postby lunkan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:42 pm

I've rebuild the databasse. Uninstalled and done a new install of Itunes agent, nothig helps. Decide to do a new installation of windows. have Xp before now I'm going for vista ultimate.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:48 pm

It looks like it might be some german characters breaking things. Posting your log may prove helpful.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

lunkan

Postby lunkan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Yes, the database includes swedish charaters. å ä ö.
Anyway I'm installing Vista on my server right now.

jinksjj

Postby jinksjj » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:46 am

There is a new version of the MLITunesAgent available that will fix this problem.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:14 pm

I updated to the latest version that is on the updater, and then I reloaded my database, and now even though all my discs are listed, not all of the artwork is showing. Also, I cannot select any disc that the artwork isn't showing on. I have already reloaded my database the second time and while I am typing this it is reloading for the third time. Has anyone else seen this? Is there something else i should be trying?

Thanks

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 am

As an update to this, it seems that all the albums/songs are there, just no artwork. A few are, but not all. I can select the albums from the list page, just not from the thumbnail page. I am sharing the coverart folder, like I said, it all worked before the update.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:50 am

I had a similar issue. Clear the cache on your server. Make sure that the share is still correct. On the new version of Agent, the defalt share for album covers changed due to moving agent to a different install directory. Once I installed it back to my old directory, all was well.

Mario and company need to expose the album art directory setting inside of the agent.

Try all that, then rebuild you database. Make sure you are on the latest version of iTunes - another issue I had.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:44 am

DaveB wrote:I had a similar issue. Clear the cache on your server. Make sure that the share is still correct. On the new version of Agent, the defalt share for album covers changed due to moving agent to a different install directory. Once I installed it back to my old directory, all was well.

Mario and company need to expose the album art directory setting inside of the agent.

Try all that, then rebuild you database. Make sure you are on the latest version of iTunes - another issue I had.

Dave,
I am not sure what you are referring to about the Agent cover art. I looked in the songdata.mdb file and the coverart is listed as \\Mainlobby\MLITunesCoverart. I have this file as shared, but I am not sure that the agent is using the right one. My coverart is in c:\program files\cinemar\agents\MLItunescoverart. Does this seem right? I looked for a place to change this in the plugin and the agent and I couldn't find anything. I tried all that you suggested and it is still the same.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:58 am

The new shared folder location is:
C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Agents\MLItunes\MLItunesCoverArt

Slightly different than what you mentioned.

This should be created and handled by the installer.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “iTunes”