Command for loading overlay?

Forum to discuss MLScript plugin that enables VBScript and JavaScript scripting within MLServer3.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Re: Command for loading overlay?

Postby simonmason » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 pm

It can come from several sources. Keypads in the rooms, MainLobby scenes, and even Homeseer events.
Simon D. S. Mason

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Here's what I would do that would accomplish the same goal.

Setup a bunch of rules in MLServer to make the variables that you are displaying uniform based on when they change.

So you'd build a rule that says when the source artist variable changes, set it to:
source_1_artist
source_2_artist
source_3_artist

Then set a variable that keeps track of which source you are on: {{myCurrentSource}}

Then on the home page you would display: {{source_{{myCurrentSource}}_artist}}

Then as {{myCurrentSource}} changes, it will dynamically change the information on your home page with out having to worry about loading layers or trying to determine whether the user is even on the home page.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:35 am

This is what I attempted at first. But the inconsistency between the way the sources work made this rather difficult. For example, I could be displaying an album cover coming from MusicLobby - easy enough, just use the variable for this, and then switch source to my tuner and I have it programmed to display images representative of the source and these are stored and accessed in the html directory. I still think your approach (and my original attempt) is the cleanest, so I will have to go back and start programming this.
Simon D. S. Mason

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 am

Hi Simon,

Yeah - that's why the rules will make all the variables consistant for achieving your goal.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “MLScript”