doPlugin command in MLScript

Forum to discuss MLScript plugin that enables VBScript and JavaScript scripting within MLServer3.
bigDvette
Expert
Expert

doPlugin command in MLScript

Postby bigDvette » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Can someone give an example of how to call the doPlugin command when the plugin requires multiple parameters.

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: doPlugin command in MLScript

Postby MurrayW » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 am

bigDvette wrote:Can someone give an example of how to call the doPlugin command when the plugin requires multiple parameters.

And in another thread, Ron asked a similar question:
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=81044&highlight=cmdreceive+cmdreceivepush+doplugin#81044

I'm starting to play around with MLScripts and have the same question. For example if within a script I wanted to call this command:

Code: Select all

MLServeCmd.MLDirectv|001~Key~Guide
, what would the doPlugin syntax be? And would doPlugin be better than the cmdreceive or cmdreceivepush syntax (ala Ron's question)?

Something like this?

Code: Select all

MLServer.doPlugin MLDirectv, 001, Key, Guide

thanks,
Murray

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:58 pm

You do not need to call doPlugin. You would simply say

MLServer.cmdReceive "MLDirectv|001~Key~Guide"

The only time you want to call doPlugin is if you are calling a function in a plugin that returns a variable. Very few plugings support this.

The difference between cmdReceive and cmdReceivePush is that cmdReceive gets executed immediately and cmdReceivePush places the command into MLServer's command queue to be executed in turn.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 pm

CinemarDave wrote:You do not need to call doPlugin. You would simply say

MLServer.cmdReceive "MLDirectv|001~Key~Guide"

The only time you want to call doPlugin is if you are calling a function in a plugin that returns a variable. Very few plugings support this.

The difference between cmdReceive and cmdReceivePush is that cmdReceive gets executed immediately and cmdReceivePush places the command into MLServer's command queue to be executed in turn.
Dave,
Thanks for the explanation...I spent a few hours last night working on scripts and I guess I am lucky that I picked MLServer.cmdReceive!

Murray

Return to “MLScript”