MLServer.cmdReceivePush broken?

Forum to discuss MLScript plugin that enables VBScript and JavaScript scripting within MLServer3.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

MLServer.cmdReceivePush broken?

Postby simonmason » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

I noticed some funky things in my scripts after moving to ML4. I isolated it to a specific MLServer.cmdReceivePush command. The script was crashing out with nothing in the log (verbose or trace). I replaced the MLServer.cmdReceivePush with MLServer.cmdReceive and everything is working fine now. Has anything changed? My syntax is below:

MLServer.cmdReceivePush "MLCmd|ChangeScene~" & Client & "~" & "0019_media_radio1_1.mls"

Following on to this - For some reason I was using a combination of the two commands in my scripts and I am not entirely sure why. Checking the wiki (http://wiki.cinemaronline.com/index.php ... ipt_Plugin) I see the distinction outlined as pushing a command onto the queue on the server vs. sending the command to the server. Does this mean the non-push command executes immediately vs. the push waiting its turn in the queue? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLServer.cmdReceivePush broken?

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

In MLServer 3 we had cmdReceivePush and cmdReceive. Push placed the command into the command queue and the other executed it immediately. cmdReceivePush was never really needed and was eliminated in MLServer 4. You should change all your scripts to use cmdReceive.

Return to “MLScript”