Geovision Feed to ML ?

Discuss Cinemar's GeoVision driver and anything hardware related.
meshu

Postby meshu » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:20 am

Yea!!! Let me know when there is a beta :)

KW1816

Postby KW1816 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 am

Great news ! :D :D
FWIW there used to be an SDK for previous versions of the Geovision software but I don't see any reference to it on their site anymore. Maybe worth contacting their support people ?

Willing to beta test if needed.

Kevin W.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:33 am

Excellent - which one did you go for? You wont regret it - they're really good cards/software. There are LOADS of applications to explore but a lot of the stuff you see on the web site is for advanced monitoring and remote center monitoring.

I'd be really interested to see if you get the delayed write errors I see when using the JPG loader connecting to either an FTP (Geovision uploading to FTP server) or direct from one of the directories that Geovision writes to.

In terms of functionality that I'd like to see - integrating the raw feeds from multiple cameras on a single ML page is the top goal for me (in something more than the second or slower refresh I currently get using the JPG Loader) - I guess one way is to use the web cam streaming features but these use ActiveX components. Would these need to run through weblobby or is there another potential route through developing a custom web library object to do this?

At the moment, Personally, I'm not too interested in integrating the remote playback or other functions of the Geovision software - this theoretically could be handled by running in weblobby anyway (although I've not tried it yet).

High quality, high frame rate feeds into ML would be excellent.

Paul.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:34 am

I ended up going with the GV-1120-8.

Anyone know if they will run under a MCE OS machine I have sitting around?

I went to their website to fill out their email form in an effort to make sure we have the latest SDK. But unfortunately it requires a bar code. Perhaps someone from here can submit a request with their bar code on behalf of Cinemar to get their SDK. We definitely don't want to look into this with outdated material.

The challenge with adding ActiveX is that it prevents us from persuing the goal of going to thin clients and cross platform compatibility. But at the same time, the UMPC's are packing some serious punch.

Essentially, this can already be done using WebLobby, without any more involvement on Cinemar's part. The integration on the users part may not be that much easier even with a plugin. We'll know more once we get our hands on the hardware and latest sdk.

I guess if we provide the option, users can pick and choose their poison.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:06 am

I believe the SDK is actually a chargeable product :(

It certainly was when I got hold of v6 (or was it v7?) a while ago - I blagged it as it used to be free and I was using that version. you might find people willing to loan it to you though!

The biggest problem I have is that error we were talking about. If you were to provide a way to get multiple (i.e. 6,7,8 etc) camera feeds onto a single ML page, spread around as per your 0019 scenes and at faster frame rates than 1 fps, I'd certainly be willing, for one, to pay for something.

I don't believe there's a way to do this currently (maybe with the streaming video beta solution???) - web lobby wont support that number of frames will it?

Cheers,

Paul.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:07 am

Oh, forgot to add - please feel free to bung anything my way that you want to alpha/beta test.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Guys,

Got the card installed in a test system today.

Installation went smoothly.
One thing is that it is making an annoying beeping sound. Anyone know why and how to stop it?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Great.

Yes - the beeping is the 'video lost' signal.

If you don't want it. you turn it off in the 'video signal diagnostic' menu.

Paul.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Thanks Paul.

You saved any sanity I had left. :)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:12 pm

The only problem I get on a couple of PC's here is a 'Windows - Delayed Write Error' message - trying to save the images. I think this is a ML/Flash problem but doesn't affect the viewing too much - will persue this in a separate post when I get the chance.

Hey Paul,

After thinking about this, I wonder if this error is due to you trying to read an image while GeoVision is trying to write to that file at the same exact time.

Since MainLobby is only updating roughly 1 frame per second, i would recommend changing GeoVision to 1 frame per second.

For a serious test, you could change the update interval to a much larger #. Something like update once every 5 minutes. Then if you don't see the error after extended usage, then we've probably found the problem.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:40 pm

OK I'll try that.

I'm currently using FTP to transfer images to an FTP server from Geovision (the inbuilt FTP function of the Geovision software).

I don't think reading from a web URL that's being written too causes any file in use type errors - but maybe Flash has a problem if the image hasn't uploaded properly?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:07 pm

Paul,

Doesn't look like they offer an option to store the image to a local hard drive is that correct?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:41 pm

Not a specific option but the images do get saved in a local directory. Not sure if they automatically get saved though or whether you have to login to the web cam page to start this.

I set the upload to 600 seconds - and so far not seen the error. I've had the feeling that the problem is possibly caused by partially written images and Flash not responding well to this?????

wajcn50

Postby wajcn50 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 am

Hi,
Just joined as a member here and exploring whether Mainlobby will be able to do what I want before parting with cash.

Primarily looking for a front end to homeseer and so far I've been impressed .

Ability to display Geovision cameras on a floorplan could well be the killer app though so watching this thread with interest :D

prsmith777

Postby prsmith777 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:12 pm

Hows the Geovision project coming along?

Would love to have live video from geovision to a touchpanel.

Return to “GeoVision”