Geovision Feed to ML ?

Discuss Cinemar's GeoVision driver and anything hardware related.
rcschauer

I'm a geovision dealer

Postby rcschauer » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:32 pm

let me know if you need anything else. I'm sure I can get you any info you need.

rhodesep

Geovision ??

Postby rhodesep » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:18 pm

Mario, what you working on for Geovision?? I use a GV1480.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:31 pm

Nothing at the moment.

We'll have to pick up a GeoVision if we decide to build a plugin. But the big question is what are users looking to do that they can't do already?

Seems there are two pieces - displaying cameras which is either:
1) Streaming JPGs
2) ActiveX

Second part would be controlling their software. Such as recording and sensors.

So what are users looking to do?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

geewiz

Postby geewiz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:46 am

On my part, in this order:

#1 - Ability to easily view a clean feed of n cameras (up to 16)
#2 - For each camera - ideally be able to view hitorical recordings

Thanks,

G.

KW1816

Postby KW1816 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:56 am

Probably ActiveX but ignoring the technical solution ...

All I want is the ability to view, either through Weblobby HTML or natively, live camera feeds that are up to date, don't require a login or any user interaction and switch quickly. Just like any CCTV scene ..
e.g. Front door bell is pressed - ML changes scene to pop up a live CCTV feed to show the front door camera.

That's all - thank you, can we expect it by next Thursday ? :twisted: :D :D Always willing to Beta test.

Kevin W.

prsmith777

Postby prsmith777 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:55 am

I am new to this forum and plan on using Cinemar in my new home in the next few months. I currently have homeseer, russound, X10 lights and geovision.

I would be very interested in a geovision plugin. Getting live video feed to Cinemar touchscreens without password logon would be a must. Camera control including PTZ would be nice. Accessing the recorded files would also be nice.

BTW, last I checked a few months back, guys on Homeseer forum said that geovision integration to homeseer was not possible! You guys should prove them wrong.

Paul S

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:28 pm

Guys - we've still been searching for the best solutions as far as security cameras go.

In a perfect world here are some of my personal initial thoughts of what I would want in a security system.

1) Distribute all cameras as a single source through HDTV Matrix Switcher
2) Control what cameras are viewable on the TV from a MainLobby interface
3) View streaming jpg's from MainLobby Clients
4) Capture snapshots from each camera and review log in MainLobby
5) Prefer external hardware (either PC or linux based standalone DVR)
6) Record all cameras for later video review on TV's

This would require most likely analog cameras, although I've seen some systems that support both analog and IP Cameras.

I haven't found the perfect sysem that will meet all of these criteria yet.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:48 pm

Mario,

Did you ever look fully at the Geovision solution? It's incredibly powerful and has a lot of different features - these have all been developed over a number of years and I've been running their cards for several years now. I'd very strongly recommend it!

I've been viewing JPG feeds from the Geovision system within a ML scene but have the problem (as I know another ML user does too) where I continually get Windows delayed write failed messages. This is nothing to do with Windows itself as far as I can tell after having done a bit of research. I believe it may be to do with Flash and ML trying to load an image that's either not finished being written too or is locked while writing. Otherwise the Geovision/ML combo could be pretty good.

The JPG images are uploaded to a local FTP server several times a second and ML is using and JPGLoader set to refresh every second. I could use WebLobby of course, but like your examples in 0019, it's really good to have each camera on it's own within a floorplan.

Would be great to get that problem sorted :)

Paul.

keyvan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby keyvan » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:20 pm

pgale wrote:Mario,

Did you ever look fully at the Geovision solution? It's incredibly powerful and has a lot of different features - these have all been developed over a number of years and I've been running their cards for several years now. I'd very strongly recommend it!

I agree with Paul. I have yet to find a system better than Geovision for unattended monitoring. The software is very powerful for event/motion based recording and playback. The hardware setup allows for a very flexible system with a wide choice of cameras.
The combination of Geovision's server features for recording & managing footage and ML feed for live monitoring would be the best solution. I would still use Geovision s/w for reviewing recorded footage and detailed analysis but it would be good if there was a facility in ML to see a "fresh" record log (with the aid of a plugin to populate variables in MLserver) which could to be limited to a numbers of past - i.e. see record events for the past 5 days...

Keyvan

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:23 pm

I'll have to look again at it.

Paul - have you tried reducing the number of frames per second you are writing to the hard drive? My guess is the error isn't coming from MainLobby but from writing to the hard drive.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:44 pm

I notice there is a TV output...can one of you explain what is displayed on that and is it different than what the monitor would show?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:18 pm

Mario,

Re the problem - The Geovision server uploads JPEG images to my W2K3 Server and an FTP server running on it. It currently uploads every second or so (I want a fairly quick update). ML is then set to pull these off of the server (I have tried mapped and UNC paths). What is odd is that Windows reports this problem when ML is running the MLS with the images on - does ML/Flash write the JPG's to the local HDD? Not sure why this error occurs.

The TV output only appears on the 'combo' cards - this is a DSP output and outputs a PAL/NTSC signal with the cameras selected. You can set the number and arrangement of cameras to display.

Paul.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 am

Mario,

Did you have any further thoughts on some kind of Geovision support?

The latest v8.1 software is out for it now and adds yet more great features :)

Paul.

meshu

Postby meshu » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:36 am

I believe that you can also control via IR...Would def be interested in a plugin for MLS or ML

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:16 pm

OK - you guys twisted my arm and my wallet. :)

Ordered a Geovision card for testing. Hopefully will have it in hand sometime later next week.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “GeoVision”