Geovision Feed to ML ?

Discuss Cinemar's GeoVision driver and anything hardware related.
MFuller

Geovision Feed to ML ?

Postby MFuller » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:54 am

Hey Guys,

I've done several seaches of these forums but can't seem to come up with a concrete answer. Hopefully some bright spark will be able to enlighten me.

I have a Geovision 1120 CCTV card running on my security server. I would like to be able to view the feed from this in Mainlobby. The output can be viewed by either using a Java applet, or by .JPG's. I would rather use Java as I can then stream live video, rather than viewing static images.

Is there a way to do this in Mainlobby ? I believe I could do it with Weblobby easily enough, but I don't really want to have to purchase it just to view the cameras.

Is there a way to do this ? I think I know the answer... just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Many thanks

Marc

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:19 am

Marc, if Weblobby suits the need, you won't find an easier less expensive solution.

If the video card is seen by Windows as a TV Capture card, you could try the Library 0019 capture card viewers - search for "Belkin" on this forum and you will find some additonal info on this.

The "right way" is to commission a custom plugin for control over the capture card. This is the "right" answer if you were a dealer.

geewiz

Postby geewiz » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:28 am

I also have a Geovision card (800 series). Would be nice to know how many others use a Geovision card and perhaps we could split the cost of the development of a complete plugin. Weblobby is not a great solution as it always requires a login into Geovision (login cannot be disabled from a browser). And JPG reload doesn't work either (very jirky image update).

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffx » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:07 pm

I use a Kodicomm system and would also like something similar.

With the Kodicomm WebDVR, you can imbed the site codes/password in a modified webpage (and also strip out everything except the video stream object) to avoid having to login--maybe you can do something similar with the Geovision?

I ruled out WebLobby at this point because I want to overlay buttons over the video streams, which you can't do with WebLobby.
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

keyvan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby keyvan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:18 pm

geewiz wrote: Weblobby is not a great solution as it always requires a login into Geovision (login cannot be disabled from a browser). And JPG reload doesn't work either (very jirky image update).

You can get a browser (html page) to view Geovision WITHOUT USERNAME AND PASSWORD.
I sent a copy of the simple HTML generater which allows you to do this. Although you don't really need it if you have some HTML authering capabilties - I don't :(
There is however another problem! IE keeps prompting to run the activeX (which you need for live streaming) - no good for touch/weblobby.
Additionally, the HTML page generated has some clickable commands (like links) which all are all activeX functions, these are: play, stop, snapshot, full-screen, save etc. In the case of the files by the HTML tool the screen on each cam feed is blue until "play" is clicked. No need for username & password.
If anyone has HTML experience, I can post the HTML doc with the webconfig.js.

Keyvan

KW1816

Postby KW1816 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:20 am

There is however another problem! IE keeps prompting to run the activeX (which you need for live streaming)
I'm not 100% but I think you can stop that happening by changing the security settings in IE. Somthing to do with trusted sites ??

In the case of the files by the HTML tool the screen on each cam feed is blue until "play" is clicked.

That's as far as I got - Couldn't find a way to start the stream automatically without clicking 'Play'. Not good enough for what I wanted to do, which is (along with most people I think!), use weblobby to embed live CCTV feeds onto a ML scene.

In a bizarre twist, with my ancient £100 Network video server from long gone Active Imaging this was a breeze - until I convinced myself to upgrade to a Geovision system :shock: :shock: As a standalone motion sensing CCTV system it's hard to beat but it's integration leaves a bit to be desired.

If anyone has a solution I'd LOVE to hear about it :D
Kevin W.

pgale
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pgale » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Kevin,

As you might know from UKHA_D, I'm a long standing Geovision user - I recently upgraded to a 1240-8 card. I've been running ML with modified 0019 scenes (my own floorplan with images of my cameras around the house). To do this I'm using the JPGLoader button with a UNC entry to a local server (\\homeserver2\CCTV\cam0.jpg). The images are set to refresh every second which isn't bad although real-time would be nice!

I've set up Geovision to upload the images to this local server via FTP with a delay of 0.2 seconds. I've also setup the images in ML to link to larger views, again using the basis of the 0019 scenes.

The only problem I get on a couple of PC's here is a 'Windows - Delayed Write Error' message - trying to save the images. I think this is a ML/Flash problem but doesn't affect the viewing too much - will persue this in a separate post when I get the chance.

Pics attached.

Paul.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mattdb

Postby mattdb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:40 am

jeffx wrote:I use a Kodicomm system and would also like something similar.

With the Kodicomm WebDVR, you can imbed the site codes/password in a modified webpage (and also strip out everything except the video stream object) to avoid having to login--maybe you can do something similar with the Geovision?

I ruled out WebLobby at this point because I want to overlay buttons over the video streams, which you can't do with WebLobby.

I too have the kodicomm, how did you embed that code/pw?

Matt

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:57 pm

Anyone know where to find the manuals online for the GeoVision 1240-8 cards?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mattdb

Postby mattdb » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:04 pm

mcascio wrote:Anyone know where to find the manuals online for the GeoVision 1240-8 cards?

I have the manual for the Kodicom Boards.

jeffx
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jeffx » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:08 am

mattdb wrote:
jeffx wrote:I use a Kodicomm system and would also like something similar.

I too have the kodicomm, how did you embed that code/pw?

Matt

Here's the breakdown:

Part 1

To make an auto-logon page for Diginet WebDVR, copy the webdvr.html file and rename to something else and add the bolded variables in for the function OnConnect(). Then just call the new page you created from your web browser, web widget or WebLobby [how about a discount on WebLobby for this little plug ;)].

function OnConnect(){

ip="192.168.0.xxx"; //the servers local IP address
pwd="xxxx"; //your password
sc="xxx-xxx"; //your site code
dd="false"; //direct-x mode (true or false)

var rt= false;
if(!ip|!pwd|!sc)
{
alert("Can't find login info, Please log in again");
return;
}

rt = WebDiginet.WDConnect(ip, pwd, sc, 8080, 8081);
if(rt)
{
OnChangeMode();
OnPlayStop();
WebDiginet.WDInitcamera();
OnDivideSelect(3); //sets view ('3' = 3x3)
}
else
{
window.alert("Network - fail");
}
}

Part 2, remove everything from the WebDVR page except the actual video feed

At the end of the modified WebDVR_copy.html file, after "</SCRIPT>", delete everything except the below listed code.

With just a little knowledge of html programming, you can even incorporate this object into any web page on your server. Change the object Width and height to resize the camera view size.

i.e. To get a full screen affect on a 800x600 tablet, change the size to Width=800 height=600, then open the page in IE in full screen view and auto-hide the menu bar.

</SCRIPT>

<object classid="CLSID:9E265649-6E0E-4EEA-9F49-DAE0801440CF" codebase="WebDiginet.CAB#version=1,0,1,1026" Width=640 height=480 id="WebDiginet" >

</center>
</body>
</html>

EDIT: also add

<body scroll="no" scrollbars=0>

where "body" is defined to get rid of the scroll bar on the right
HAL2000 - JRMC 11 - ML3 - MuL3 - NetRemote Pro 1 - Insteon - M-Audio Delta 410 - Sonic Impact T-Amps - Honeywell Security

keyvan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby keyvan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:06 pm

mcascio wrote:Anyone know where to find the manuals online for the GeoVision 1240-8 cards?

Hi Mario

I have found tech support at Geovision very helpful in the past.
A single email request was all it took for them to send the html page maker and the web sdk.
The SDK and docs are beyond my tech knowledge/ability. Also I think the stuff I have works with version 6.xx of the software, they are now on 8.xx. I am sure a friendly email to their tech support for info will be worhwhile.
I found the web/activeX stuff very good - the nice thing is that the feed adjusts to accomodate the frame rate. When using their webcam software you can see that with 4 feeds on 50 fps per feed uses as little as 10Kb of network bandwidth when the pictures are static. This rises when there is movement in the picture. This must be good from an unecessary netwrok traffic point view!
We use 8 x 16 cams systems (GV1480) in our office and it has proved very reliable. Their software for triggering, recording, archiving of footage for 100+ days makes this a great unattended security & survailance system.

Keyvan
Last edited by keyvan on Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Keyvan,

Can you email me their SDK ?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

keyvan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby keyvan » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:22 pm

Mario

I sent it to you 2 parts in case you have a limit. they are about 4mb each.

Keyvan

Return to “GeoVision”