Need some assistance

Discuss Cinemar's GeoVision driver and anything hardware related.
SparkyD

Need some assistance

Postby SparkyD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:59 am

Okay, I just got my new Geovision setup working. I have a 4 camera system using a GV-650 card on Geovision version 8.3 This is what I have done so far:

1. All webservers are configured, and I can log in via remote pc or iphone and see all feeds.
2. I have installed the Multiview software on the client pc I am trying to view these camera feeds in Mainlobby. Multiview is working perfect.
3. I installed the MLIPCamera Family Plugin 3.0.675 on the server, as well as the MLIP Camera Geovision driver. (it says it is version 0.0.0.0)
4. I set up my 4 cameras in the plugin, all pointed to 192.168.1.105 (my Geovision PC). I specified each type as a Geovision 8300 Camera. (This seemed to be the logical choice for version 8.3)
5. I installed the Geovision Cinemar components on the client pc, including library 24.
6. I created a new scene, and added all 4 types of buttons from Library 24. I tried MLGVWindow8300 first, but copied my settings to all 4 window types just in case.
7. This is where I get the: File Not Found "livex_~1.ocx" over and over again.
8. The other fixes for this on the forum don't seem to work, as I don't have copies of these older versions. (8120, 8220, etc.)
9. I have tried this on 3 different computers with the same result.

Mario, or anyone else, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Need some assistance

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:31 am

Try downloading this version of the GeoSDK and running it on any of your MainLobby client machines. Just install all the components and then restart MainLobby.

http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/downloa ... taller.zip
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks Mario. That got it working to some extent. Here is my new issue: I can get any one of my camera feeds to display fine in Mainlobby. When I try to add a second, I get this error:

Violation d'acces a l'adresse 0042e9e6 dans le module 'mainlobby.exe' .Lecture de l'adresse 00000024

This is the command for the first camera: 320~240~1~192.168.1.105~username~password~4550~5550~6550~1~0
This is the command for the second camera: 320~240~2~192.168.1.105~username~password~4550~5550~6550~2~0

I just changed the camera # and the window ID. Are these commands correct?

I'm so close to having this working.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Make sure that your Geo software is configured to support multiple connections...I know I documented this somewhere, my guess is it's in the forum. Geovision may not be allowing multiple connections.

Otherwise, try saving the scene with your existing settings. Then exit mainlobby and return to see if that solves the problem.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks again Mario! I have had more success, almost there. I have all 4 camera feeds displaying in Mainlobby.

I was unable to find an option for supporting multiple connections. I looked in the general settings, as well as the web server. I also tried searching the forum. If you have any additional information on where to find this, that might help.

The only way to avoid getting the crazy french error was to make a change, save, exit ML, restart ML, and select the scene. This works, but is very cumbersome. Can you think of a way I can avoid getting this error?

My other issue is with trying to press one of the camera feeds to navigate to a scene with a larger camera display. (Example: On 0019_security.allcameras pressing camera 3 to go to 0019_security.camera3) I put the link to the scene in the button properties, but this did not work. I even tried putting a 0019_0017 button over the top of the MLGVWindow8300 button, making it transparent, with a scene link. Apparently the Geovision feed loads on top of everything regardless of Z-Order. It's probably just something simple I have missed. Thanks so much for your help!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I'll have to explore more the error you are getting here when time permits. My guess it may be due to a duplicate value from the last camera you added or something. At least you are able to work-around once the scene is built. If you are able to see all the cameras, then the GeoVision software probably doesn't need any setting adjustments.

Unfortunately you cannot click on the geovision activeX window and have it perform an action. You'd have to add a separate MainLobby object to the side of the activeX window to enlarge it.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Thanks Mario. I will get it working. This is very cool stuff.

SparkyD

Any Snapshot Feature?

Postby SparkyD » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Hey Mario,

This is what I am using. I added a tab to toggle the lighting in each area, and a tab to switch to a scene with a larger, single camera feed.

I have a pause and resume button for each camera which is nice. Is there anyway to do snapshots with Geovision? I didn't see anything on the wiki.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:42 am

Yes - you can perform snapshots of your GeoVision feed.

In order to do this, you need to configure your Geovision camera's in the MLSERVER MLIPCAMERA plugin. Then send the SnapShot command per the wiki to the specific camera. Our sample Security Camera Log scene then shows how to go through the images.

This will eat up some CPU on your MLServer machine though...it has to keep a live feed going for all cameras all the time in order to take the snapshot whenever the users decides he wants it.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “GeoVision”