GeoVision Driver is not recognized

Discuss Cinemar's GeoVision driver and anything hardware related.
ccarpenter1

Postby ccarpenter1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Thanks Mario,

I have not had a chance to download the new geovision driver but I did try connecting directly to the GeoVision server with the Library 24. It worked great.

Thanks,
Chuck

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Good to know Chuck.

Glad it's working.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

ccarpenter1

GeoVision ChangeScene.Security.Camera1 Question

Postby ccarpenter1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:44 pm

I have four images/feeds being displayed on the 0019_security.allcameras.mls screen. The first image is a feed from the Panasonic PTZ Camera and it looks like it gets its image updated once per second with the JpgLoaderTimed01Sec object. The other images are direct feeds from the Geovision server and the library0024 object must be feeding these images directly from the GeoVision server.

Here is what I am trying to do. Whenever, I move my mouse over the first image (with the JPGLoader object) a cursor hand appears allowing me to click and launch the large screen for camera one. I have tried doing the same thing with the GeoVision feeds but I cannot seem to get the cursor hand to appear and allow me to click. I have tried to duplicate as much as possible the same objects as the panasonic feed with the exception of using the JPGLoader (Since the GeoVision does not need this). The GeoVision seems to overrride everything over or under it and making it a clickable oject does not seem to work either.

Any advice?

Thanks
Chuck

I have the images from the GeoVision server being displayed correctl

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Chuck,

Like WebLobby, the GeoVision window is an ActiveX object...so it doesn't follow the rules of a typical MainLobby Library object.

The GeoVision window is always on Top of all other windows/graphics within MainLobby.

Here are some things I've done that you might find helpful. I have a floorplan that has smaller camera images strategically placed in their location. I use the reloading JPG since they are so small and do not necessarily need the activeX streaming. But when I click on the image, it is linked to another scene that has the larger version with the GeoVision library object. From that screen I have an ENLARGE button (or you could use the magnifying image within the library) that when clicked enlarges the GeoVision camera to full screen.

For your application, since you only have 4 cameras on the page, I would use the GeoVision object, then add a small ENLARGE button next to each window.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ccarpenter1

GeoViosn Snapshot Size fixed at 320x240?

Postby ccarpenter1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks Mario!

I really appreciate the quick responses. Those are some great ideas and I think I will use the enlarge buttons as you suggested. I did reload the GeoVision library and all is well now. It works great.

I have one question, it seems that I am limited when I take a snapshot to 320x240 with the GeoVisions. I have changed the snapshot size for each of the GeoVision cameras (in MLIpCamera) but it does not seem to honor the size once I take a snapshot. The Panasonic one does though.

Is there another place I should be setting the size?

Thanks!
Chuck

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:47 pm

From the GeoVision 8120 Camera Tab in the plugin, there is a Image Size drop down on the right side. Set the drop down to 640x480.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ccarpenter1

GeoVision Snapshot problem size

Postby ccarpenter1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Hi Mario,

I checked the setting and it is set at 640x480 and it is still only displaying at 320x240. I have included a screen shot to make sure that I have the right dialog box. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Chuck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:42 am

Try setting it to 640x480 then closing all windows and restarting MLServer to see if that helps.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “GeoVision”