GeoVision Driver is not recognized

Discuss Cinemar's GeoVision driver and anything hardware related.
ccarpenter1

GeoVision Driver is not recognized

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:03 pm

I have installed the GeoVision driver on my Home Automation computer. I have a GeoVision 1240 CCTV card installed on another server. I installed the GeoVision driver witout any problems on my Home Automation computer but when I try to add a GeoVision camera, i get the message "It appears you do not have the appropriate plugin to control this camera". A couple of weeks ago I purchased the driver for the Panasonic BL-C10A and it works great in MLIPCamera. Could this be causing a conflict somehow? My home automation computer runs Vista as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck

ccarpenter1

GeoVision Update - Still Don't feel the Love

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:59 am

Still no joy on getting the GeoVision plugin recognized.

Here are the things I have tried.

1) Uninstalled and then reinstalled the GeoVision driver, library, and user interface. No joy, still does not work.
2) Went to the Program Files\MLServer\Plugins\MLIPCamera folder and noticed two GeoVision files. GeoVisionCamera.Dll (File version 1.00.0143) and the file GeoVisionCamera8120.dll (File version 1.00.0173). Tried to do a regsvr32.exe (both uninstalls and installs) on the two DLLs. Regsvr32 succeded both times but still no love on getting the GeoVision recognized in the MLIPCamera plugin when trying to add a camera. The GeoVision shows up as an item in the pick list, but when I try to setup the parameters for the camera when I hit ok, I get the message that the I do not have the GeoVision driver.

Any ideas? I am fresh out. What criteria does the MLIPCamera plugin use to determine whether or not you have purchased the proper camera driver?

Thanks!
Chuck

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:55 am

I haven't been following the geovision camera issues, but can you install the capture card on a different PC than the MLServer PC?

Maybe the driver it is looking for is a capture card driver (and not a MainLobby product driver)?

ccarpenter1

GeoVision Server on a different server than MainLobby Server

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:22 am

Hey Dave,

Yea that is exactly the way I have it now. The MainLobby server is on a different server than the GeoVision server.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the MLIPCamera plugin because a couple of weeks ago I was comtemplating buying the Panasonic camera driver. So before I decided to purchase it, I thought I would see how it works. When I went to add my Panasonic camera in the MLIPCamera plugin I got the exact same error message that I am getting now about not having the required Camera driver plugin. I then purchased the Panasonic Camera driver plugin and then tried to set up my Panasonic camera again. This time it worked great.

Now that I had the Panasonic camera working, I thought I would do the same thing and get the GeoVision cameras to work. So, I purchased the GeoVision Camera driver plugin and when I went to add a camera to MLIPCamera, it gives me the error that I do not seem to have a Camera driver plugin for this type of camera.

Now, if the Cinemar GeoVision Camera plugin is looking for the Hardware GeoVision Camera driver as opposed to the Cinemar GeoVision driver, then that could be the problem since there is no GeoVision hardware installed on my Mainlobby server computer.

But looking through the posts in the forum, it seems that most people seem to be running the GeoVision server separately from the MainLobby server.

What do you think?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Hi Chuck,

Make sure to reinstall the latest MLIPCamera Family plugin - you may have an old one before the days of the Geovision driver existed. Once you do, let us know which version you have installed.

Also, install the GeoVision Multiview software on your MLServer machine.

There should be no problems having your Panasonic and Geovsion cameras working together.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Ok, so it is looking for geovision drivers on the mlserver pc.

ccarpenter1

MLIPCamera Version

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks for the quick response guys!

My MLIPCamera plugin version is 3.0.671

The version of the Geovision software is that I am using is the 8.120 version (latest). When you say Multiview, is that the same thing as
RemoteView?

Thanks
Chuck

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Chuck,

That appears to be the latest.

Try backing up your data\MLIPCamera.mdb file then reinstall the MLIPCamera Family. Let's try to get back to a more clean install.

Then try adding in another Geovision camera.

I believe the MultiView is different than the RemoveView.

After installation, you'll see in your Program Files folder: DMMultiView v8120 on your system.

Verify to that in your plugins\mlipcamera\mlipcameraproperties.dll is version 1.0.0.45
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ccarpenter1

Closer I Think

Postby ccarpenter1 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:12 pm

I think were getting closer. I installed the DMMultiView v8120. I verified that I could talk to my GeoVision server and see the camera images from my MainLobby server using MultiView. Tried to add a geovision camera. When I hit ok, I got a runtime error that says field "camprefs.pref8 cannot be a zero-length string"

I backed up my MlCamera database and deleted the one in the data folder. I reinstalled MLCamera, Geovision, and the Panasonic plugins. Started mainlobby server again and tried to add a geovision camera. My old Panasonic camera was not showing (expected since I deleted the database). After I input the GeoVision parameters, I got the same error again.

What is camprefs.pref8 suppose to contain?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Chuck,

I'll have to check with the programmer on this one tomorrow.

The good thing is that you should still be able to view your cameras from within MainLobby without the plugin installed (just make sure MULTIView is installed on the mainlobby client as well). The plugin/driver is required if you want to take snapshots from the GeoVision cameras and/or pan tilt control.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ccarpenter1

Generic IP Camera

Postby ccarpenter1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 am

Thanks for the quick reply. So, I just set it up as a Generic IP Camera in MLIPCamera and display the GeoVision that way?

Thanks!
Chuck

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Generic IP Camera

Postby mcascio » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:06 am

ccarpenter1 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. So, I just set it up as a Generic IP Camera in MLIPCamera and display the GeoVision that way?

Thanks!
Chuck

Chuck,

GenericIP Cam won't work with the GeoVision.

What is it you are trying to do?

As I mentioned you can still view your GeoVision cameras in MainLobby without installing the GeoVision driver on your MLServer machine. The GeoVision library object communicates directly to your GeoVision software. See the wiki for more details if this is unclear.

Have you gotten this far?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

ccarpenter1

Clarification

Postby ccarpenter1 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks Mario,

Are you saying it is the client (through the GeoVision Library) that talks directly to the GeoVision server and there is not any interaction in this case to talk to the MainLobby server?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:19 pm

correct. Give it a shot and you'll see it work.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am

Chuck,

Redownload the GeoVision driver and install the driver portion on your MLServer machine. Be sure to shut down MLServer before installing.

See if that helps with getting the plugin side working on your system.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “GeoVision”