New Plug-In: Zoom Player

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players

New Plug-In: Zoom Player

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:48 pm

Here is a new plug-in for Zoom Player to allow you to control ZP directly from MainLobby without sending keystrokes (ick). This will send commands directly to ZP without changing focus, etc. and blah, blah, blah.

1) Close MLServer
2) Unzip to your MLServer\plugins directory
3) Start -> Run: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\MLServer\plugins\MLZoomPlayer.dll"
4) Restart MLServer

There you go.

Syntax:

MLServeCmd.MLZoomPlayer|<<command>>

Currently supported commands:
PLAYPAUSE
PAUSE
STOP
LEFT
RIGHT
UP
DOWN
ENTER
REWIND
FASTFORWARD
NEXTTRACK
PREVIOUSTRACK
SKIPBACK
SKIPFORWARD
ZOOMMODE
OPENFILE
CYCLEAR
SLOWMOTION
TOGGLEMODE
EJECT
ROOTMENU
TITLEMENU
UNPAUSE
SEEKTOSTART
PREVIOUSCHAPTER
NEXTCHAPTER
FRAMESTEPBACKWARD
FRAMESTEPFORWARD
REVCYCLEAR
SUBTITLEMENU
AUDIOMENU
SHOWHIDEPLAYLIST
DISABLESUBTITLE
VOLUMEDOWN
VOLUMEUP
MUTE
OPENDRIVE
SEEKFORWARD
SEEKBACKWARD
CCTOGGLE
OSDTOGGLE
JUMPFORWARD
JUMPBACKWARD
STRETCHHEIGHT
SHRINKHEIGHT
CHAPTERMENU
ANGLEMENU
EXIT
BRINGTOFRONT

I tried to hit the basics. If there are any glaring ommissions please let me know so I can get them in right away. Otherwise, a full implementation will be available down the road.

Dan

jcase

Postby jcase » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:34 pm

So far it's working good,

THANK YOU :D
John

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:47 am

Do commands like "OPENFILE" (or another) support including the name of a file to open? If so, what is the syntax?

Thanks!

rblumofe

Postby rblumofe » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:07 pm

Has there been any reply on this? I have the same question. I have multiple drives, and I want to tell zoomplayer to open a specific one, so I was hoping I could pass the drive letter as an argument to the OPENDRIVE command. I've done some trial-and-error, but so far it's been all errors.

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:51 pm

I addressed it by "coding" the drive location based on the collection number. I'm using about four or five different source drives. See my DVD notes in my site for more details.

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:41 am

I have asked the developers of ZP to add the ability to send a command when a movie ends, and have not had any success with that feature. I was wondering if this plugin could monitor the status of the player and when the end of the movie was reached, execute a command?

Additionaly, it would be great to get the running time.

I know this is not a plugin that is being developed at this time, but I thought I would mention it .

Barry

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:08 am

Bago,
Actually Zoom Player added the feature to send a command when zoom is asked to Stop at my request. They wouldn't go the next distance to calculate that the movie was "over".

This prompted Cinemar to work with a developer to develop a more enhanced plugin for Zoom that does this calculation. Work was done enough to prove this capability, but not enough to distribute to anyone as other projects took precedence.

So, if there is an outpouring of Cinemar customers "demanding" this plugin that would pay for it, this raises the priority in it's development.

So, it's up to the troops.

BTW, the plugin is cabable of doing a whole bunch more than just detect Stop or End of Movie condition...

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:20 pm

SELL it, smoothtlk! What else could this Ginsu-Zoom-Player plugin do for us? If it gets us salivating (y'know, cutting aluminum cans and such), we'll pick up our phones and CALL NOW for this AMAZING offer! :lol:

Seriously... what else can it do? :D

Grisbane

Postby Grisbane » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:39 pm

I would be interested in an updated zoomplayer plugin. I have a ir controlled DVD mega changer and would like to have pre-movie manager play some trailers and then send a command to the player after the trailer has ended.

Let me know and I might be able to beta test it :D

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:35 pm

I have been waiting for this feature forever.

Tim

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:13 pm

Yes, me too!
ZoomPlayer2 plugin fell off the priority list. Now that a lot of the core product updates are in beta and doing well, we may be able to concentrate on knocking out plugins like this.

Fro

Postby Fro » Mon May 08, 2006 9:05 pm

Just wondering if there has been any progess with this enhanced plugin or if you could give us some idea as to what else may be incorporated.

I currently have an intro, short and feature presentation trailer playing before each movie. The short will be one of 116 Looney Toons and I have to keep track of how long each is and I don't think ZP is reporting the length quite right. If ZP could report back to ML or the MLHS plugin when it's done playing the playlist that would help me be a little more accurate with the start time.

Return to “Software DVD Players”