MLArcSoftTMT and ArcSoftTMT5

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
qabpea

MLArcSoftTMT and ArcSoftTMT5

Postby qabpea » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi

I installed the latest version of TMT and things doens't work very well.

There are two separate problems.
1: TMT5 does not play a TS_VIDEO.ifo file
2: The MLArcSoftTMT agent will freeze/not respond after it launches TMT5

--Per

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLArcSoftTMT and ArcSoftTMT5

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Arcsoft TMT version 5 is very broken and users should not upgrade beyond Arcsoft TMT version 3.0.185 until Arcsoft resolves these issues. The Arcsoft forums are littered with TMT 5 problems. Like cannot play Blu-Ray movies ripped to folders. Cannot play .mkv files, has numerous Audio issues. Clearly TMT 5 was released way too early.

One new thing that TMT 5 introduces is a TCP/IP remote control application. But, alas, Arcsoft has no plans on releasing the protocol so others can take advantage of the utility.

qabpea

Postby qabpea » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Yes, you are right, I looked around a little and there are a lot of talk regarding TMT5 on different forums.
Looks like it is better to stick to TMT3 for now.
The new interface looks nice though, I hope it doesn't take to long for Arcsoft to get it right.

It shouldn't be to hard to back enginer the remote control tcp interface, can't understand why they wouldn't publish it though.

//Per

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:32 pm

anyone know if the issues with TMT5 have been resolved? I looks like you can't buy TMT3 any more, not sure if you buy 5 if you can download 3 or not.

Is TMT the best player for MainLobby?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:37 pm

ArctSoft has solved a lot of the issues. Probably 95% there now. I still see some stuttering on selected titles every now and then but I use TMT5 pretty much on a nightly basis. For Blu-Ray playback this is your best choice. If you have transcoded media or only DVDs then you still cannot beat TheaterTek.

snoots

Postby snoots » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:49 pm

I have the latest ArcSoft TMT5 so I can play bluray folders. I have the latest ML stuff. When selecting a movie from my IPAD the player will start up on the server PC however It does not load the movie and if I try any of the transport commands I see them in the server event log but the arcsoft client log does not show them and the player does nothing. I have tried various default play test commands but so far no luck. I have tried pointing a single ripped Bluray and even some dvd rips but all I can get to happen is the player to open. I feel like I am almost there and am testing under the 30 day evaluation for the arcsoft plugin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am using the default play command

MLArcSoftTMT|<<alias>>~PLAYMOVIE~
Here is the server event log

MLDVDLobby|PlayMovie~{{Movies_Selection_dvdNumber_W192.168.1.104}}~{{Movies_Selection_DiscNumber_W192.168.1.104}}
PlayMovie~{{Movies_Selection_dvdNumber_W192.168.1.104}}~{{Movies_Selection_DiscNumber_W192.168.1.104}}
PlayMovie~14238~1
MLArcSoftTMT|AS1~PLAYMOVIE~

here is all arcsoft client logs
[1] PLAYMOVIE~
Found TOTALMEDIA THEATRE 5
PlayPath=[C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe "" ]
Launched [C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe "" ]
[0] HELO~LIVINGROOM (AS1)

Here is my mlstates listing
SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer~LivingRoom
Sessions shows :LIVINGROOM (AS1)

snoots

Postby snoots » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 am

I also wanted to say that of all of the different BluRay capable players I have tried including at least 3 or 4 others this is the first player that looks good, sounds good and functions the way I would expect an actual hardware player to work. If I could get it to integrate all the way into DVDlobby I would be a very happy camper !

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:46 am

First, check the movie you are launching in DVDLobby to see what Player is defined to launch it.

Then look at that command. It doesn't look like your ArcSoft command is accurate. Here's the default command that ships with DVDLobby 3.90 for ArcSoft:
Macro|SetVariable|media_{{clientname}}_transport_source~ArcSoftTMT!MLDVDLobby|MakeSource~{{media_{{clientname}}_transport_source}}!AV.AS{{media_{{clientname}}_activeplayer}}|PlayMovie~<<file>>
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm

There is an issue with the movie database. If you look at the log you posted

PlayMovie~14238~1
MLArcSoftTMT|AS1~PLAYMOVIE~

The final PlayMovie command is missing the path to the movie. You should see something like

PlayMovie~14238~1
MLArcSoftTMT|AS1~PLAYMOVIE~\\Server\Movies\Movie Title\bdmv\index.bdmv

I'd fire up Content Manager and look at the disc tab for the movie to see if it has a valid path.

snoots

Postby snoots » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Thank guys will advise what I find

snoots

Postby snoots » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Changed default play command and now it will bring up TMT5 and I can hear the menu background music for the movie but there is no video window any where. If I go to a dos window and run a command line uTotalMediaTheatre5 "D:\Despicable Me\" The movie starts up in the main bluray menu with the TMT5 "on screen" mouse device and everything works. If I change a disk in dvdlobby to a dvd and point to the .ifo main file it will load and play as long as I don't have any open windows like MLserver or the TMT agent up. I get a video overlay error if MLserver or the agent are up.

snoots

Postby snoots » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:36 am

After doing some research I just went ahead and converted from "folder" rips to ISO and setup acrsoft agent to run virt clone drive and the BluRays are playing good now.

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:05 pm

So do the blu ray folder structure rips not work with TMT 5?
I rip my blu rays now using AnyDVD HD and they are in folder structure (just like on the blu ray). My popcorn hour C200 plays them with no issues.
I am also using TMT 3 right now with the MLServer TMT agent plugin to play them and it is working fine.
I would like to upgrade to TMT 5 but I need to know if all is working first before upgrading.
Thx

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:22 pm

I have no problem playing my ripped Blu-rays with TMT5. DVDLobby will catalog the path to the index.bdmv file. The ArcSoftTMT agent knows what to do with the rest.

snoots

Postby snoots » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:12 pm

I was having some issues with no video while the menu audio was playing I tried various options including looking for solutions at the tmt forums. Tried iso in place of folder structure and that worked for me. I will say that folder rips would play manually ok with tmt5 I just had some issues with these when playing through the agent via iPad

Return to “Software DVD Players”