Iso file size with TMT

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
Blade
Expert
Expert

Iso file size with TMT

Postby Blade » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Has anyone else run into this?

What I normally do is convert a avi using ConvertXToDVD. This gives me a DVD format. I then use IsoBurn to make an iso of the DVD structure. Now if the movie is a long movie, it asks me to create a layer break which I really do not care about because I just want the entire iso as a whole. I use TMT and the ML plugins to play my isos with daemon tools.
The problem I am having is when I break the size of the dual dvd size and my iso file is 10Gb is size. TMT says it cannot play the iso which I do not understand since it plays in VLC player.

Any ideas?

Blade
Expert
Expert

Re: Iso file size with TMT

Postby Blade » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Even VLC just stops playing a large iso once it reaches a certain point.
I was hoping to create ISOs that were larger than a dual layer DVD and have TMT play it using daemon tools. It does not appear to work.
It only plays up until the point where the ISO is larger than a dual layer and then starts over.

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:09 pm

I have no problem with pretty large ISO files playing on the latest version TMT3 (not sure if you are using this version or not). The largest ISO I have played was 48GB (Pinocchio) and I just played The Hurt Locker this week which is 43.5GB. In fact, I have most of the Pixar Blu-Rays for my kids and they all play without any problems and are usually over 35GB each.

I am currently playing my ISOs via TMT3 through Media Browser (not MainLobby). I also use Virtual Clone Drive as my mounting software of choice.

Of course it goes without saying that these file sizes are for the whole disc so they appear inflated as compared to a stripped down main feature only ISO.

-T.Wells

Blade
Expert
Expert

Postby Blade » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:04 am

I am using TMT 3.0.1.120
I am talking about iso files that exceed the size of a dual layer DVD.

Return to “Software DVD Players”