PowerDVD8/MLDVDLobby Pro Override Commands Needed.

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
steve50

PowerDVD8/MLDVDLobby Pro Override Commands Needed.

Postby steve50 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:51 am

I have powrdvd8 and the powerdvd agent(trial) running on the same pc (c:drive) as mlserver/dvdlobby(latest) and i'm having trouble with the override play movie commands.

Actually if anyone can post what commands would work for my files below would be even better and save me countless hours that i already put into this issue....

In dvdlobby pro 'movies' tab under the "..mlservecmd to override....." field i have - "MLPowerDVD|<<alias>>~PLAYMOVIE~D:\HOT_RODS_TO_HELL_full\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO" (without the qoutes)

My movies are on the D:\ drive....
D:\HOT_RODS_TO_HELL_full\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

Currently from 'dvdlobby pro' the command will start the movie ONLY if i click the 'test' button twice from dvdlobby pro.

Note: I rip these movie files using dvdfab, dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, ripit4me, anydvd/clonedvd2 to the D:\ drive. Some files are movie only and some are full dvd.

I would even like to burn these dvd files to .iso, but i was also having issues with mounting/unmounting the virtual drive... I'm now kinda lost.

Help appreciated.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 pm

I would even like to burn these dvd files to .iso, but i was also having issues with mounting/unmounting the virtual drive... I'm now kinda lost.

For that i would bet you need a little pause. Check your settings in both your vc drive and powerdvd. it should be set to automount and unmount and as long as pdvd is set to that drive you should be ok.

to burn

Do you mean rip?

I rip all my dvds to iso with dvdshrink. and i have anydvd running. i use anydvd to rip blurays to iso as well. It has worked out great! i highly recommend it
Hooked on HighDef

steve50

Postby steve50 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi Don, Yeah, I mean rip... Any chance you can help me find these settings? I've been thru every menu in pdvd8 and still can't find the right settings. Thanks

PDvd8 - I can't find a setting for automount/unmount.. Can you point me to the right place for that?

Daemon Tools Lite i have is version 4.30.4.0027 - I have automount checked under preferences, but there is no option for auto unmounting (maybe it means both?).

ManiLobby Agent has - Device 0, Drive Letter:Z and Launch Delay is set to '5'.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:51 am

deamon doesnt need to unmount. it will leave whatever it is mounted until you select something else. then it gives it the boot and mounts the newly selected file.

power dvd doesnt do anything with mounting or unmounting. as far as it is conserned you just got a dvd out of a case, walked to you computer and put it in a real dvd drive.

in the powerdvd agent change the launch delay to 10 or 15. Give that a try. If i remember correctly that was one of those dumb things that as soon as i gave it just a few extra seconds to do its thing it worked flawlessly.

let me know if it works. if not we'll try something else
Hooked on HighDef

steve50

Postby steve50 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:32 pm

Works... I even played with the .iso files and they seem to mount now with the MLPDVDAgent delay set to 15 seconds. The 'default override' command i'm using for now is:
MLPowerDVD|<<alias>>~PLAYMOVIE~D:\480P\HOT_RODS_TO_HELL_1967_MO.ISO

I'm now playing with the command string to get pdvd8 to turn off when another movie is chosen from mllobby.

Thanks for the help Don.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: PowerDVD8/MLDVDLobby Pro Override Commands Needed.

Postby donburkard » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:17 pm

glad you got going
Hooked on HighDef

Return to “Software DVD Players”