ArcSoft TMT on secondary monitor?

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

ArcSoft TMT on secondary monitor?

Postby ebr » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Is there any way to get TMT to launch on my secondary display? No matter what I try it always comes up on the primary (my monitor) instead of the secondary (projector). Not using mediacenter and on XP SP2.

Thanks.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:58 am

Look into an application called UltraMon (RealTimeSoft.com). This app allows you to select the monitor and position for any application.

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:52 pm

Thanks, but it really peeves me to have to spend another $40 bucks to get basic functionality that should be in the product.

Is there really no other way?

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:35 am

Hey Dave - thanks for the suggestion. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was ranting at you :oops:. Obviously, you have nothing to do with this and were just trying to help. Have a great weekend.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:29 pm

That's more of a video driver issue... If you check the settings for ATI or NVidia cards, typically you can set on which monitor specific applications should be launched. Then there's the issue of some video mode not being allowed on secondary monitor...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:46 pm

I've never seen the ability to assign apps to monitors within the video drivers - but I'm not that experienced with them.

My experience is all with TheaterTek and it has a spot in its options where you tell it which monitor to launch on. Most normal applications remember where they were the last time and come back to that same spot. If TMT would even do that I'd be happy but it doesn't seem to.

I've asked the ArcSoft folks about it but they are slow in responding (being a holiday weekend).

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Did you ever get a working solution? I am trying to perform the same thing (open arcoft on a secondary display) and have even tried ultramon without success. It seems arcsoft is pre-programmed to open on the primary monitor.

ebr
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby ebr » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:43 pm

digitaltrader wrote:Did you ever get a working solution? I am trying to perform the same thing (open arcoft on a secondary display) and have even tried ultramon without success. It seems arcsoft is pre-programmed to open on the primary monitor.

I ended up re-doing my entire HTPC, upgrading to Vista and am moving to VMC as a front-end. In the process, I've just made my projector my primary monitor and all works well together. Since I'm now in VMC, I might be able to get the secondary monitor thing to work but haven't tried it again (and that won't help you anyway).

Return to “Software DVD Players”