help - designing system

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

help - designing system

Postby collegeboyslive » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 am

ok i currently use dvd lobby and a 400 disk dvd changer. I also use homseer as the backend. I want to goto all software for the dvd player. here is what i want to do:

* use a 2nd video card in the mlserver / homeseer computer to play the movies out of.

* use dvd lobby to both select the movies and control the player software

* not have the 2nd card display the windows desktop, it needs to stay in "movie mode" at all times

* have the potential for me to add a nother card for video playback into another room seperate from the theater ( so 2 dvds are played atthe same time

* be able to pull movies from a NAT drive array

* Either as part or seperate but i need toi be able to stick a dvd into the dvd drive and have it rip and put onto the nat drive and added to the collection as easily as possible.

what is the best combination of hardware and software needed for this?

thanks

zac

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:48 am

Hard drive movie management combo

http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/dvdlobbypro.html

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:21 pm

thanks, that would solve part of it, however a couple of questions:

1: is theatertek able to expand on the same machine? in other words if i add another video card can i play 1 movie though 1 card and aother though the other card?

2: the ripping of the dvds to hard drive. theatertek dosnt seem to mention this does it offfer this or is there another simple program i can use. i know there are many rippers out ther, however i am looking for simplicity and integrations.
drop in the dvd hit rip, dvd is copied to hard drive, cover art is found, and dvd is added to dvd lobby system ready for playing, dvd disk is then ejected.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:50 pm

Theatertek can be launched with a size and top left pixel position so you can target either monitor.

You likely would not want to launch more than one as video is cpu intensive so two concurrant might not be a good idea.

re: rip - there is info in the dVDLobby275 wiki and MLDMR wiki entries.

Cinemar will be providing more turn key scenes etc for total movie management - which you can do now, just with some work.

Return to “Software DVD Players”