MLPowerDVD Beta Announced

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Hey greyt, thanks for the info. I did finally get it working.

Here is the final command that I am using for playing HD DVD & Blu-ray movies:

MLServeCmd[192.168.1.11].MLServeCmd.Macro|MLPowerDVD|DhunayTV~POff!MLPause|1!MLFileOpen|"V:\<<FIXEDTITLE>>\<<FIXEDTITLE>>.iso"~0!MLPause|1!MLPowerDVD|DhunayTV~POn!MLPause|2!MLPowerDVD|DhunayTV~PlayMovie~F:\

This assumes that you have Daemon tools running and have the FastMount plugin installed. All HD DVDs and Blu-rays are stored in UDF compliant ISO files.

Works beautifully for both HD DVD and Blu-ray.

BTW...you could also use this for DVDs if you stored them as ISO. I currently use TheaterTek for DVDs and don't know if I will use PowerDVD for DVDs as well.
- Funboy

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:23 pm

Only issue I have left now is that the mouse cursor either stays on permanently or flashes on and off every second, even though Powerdvd is running in full screen mode. Have updated to the latest Nvidia 8600 drivers for Vista on the off chance, but no luck so far.......

bocapimp

Postby bocapimp » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:25 pm

hey fun..

can u post the code and take out your parts, and put in what is needed in the spots of the code.. ie. MLPowerDVD|DhunayTV~POff!MLPause|

what is the DhunayTV referring to?

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:33 pm

greyt, I don't have the same issue with my mouse. It disappears when the movie starts. But I do have VNC also connected, so I can move the mouse without disrupting things and then leave it out of the way.

There's also a windows command (add-on) that allows you to issue a command to make the mouse disappear.

bocapimp, the DhunayTV refers to my HTPC alias that is setup within PowerDVD. you should change that to whatever you have set as the alias for your HTPC running PowerDVD.
- Funboy

bocapimp

Postby bocapimp » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:37 pm

greyt, i have the same issue..

fun - can u post where or how to use this command to make the mouse vanish

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:17 am

Bocapimp,

I fixed the mouse cursor issue by upgrading Vista to SP1 (RC1) release.

bocapimp

Postby bocapimp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:51 am

oh id have to change to vista.. forget that.. ill figure another work around..

is the movie playback cmd working for you?

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 am

bocapimp wrote:oh id have to change to vista.. forget that.. ill figure another work around..

is the movie playback cmd working for you?

I was using Vista already, the upgrade to SP1 resolved the issue, although I noticed since that the PowerDVD upgrade I ran had not upgraded the main executable to the latest version, a full uninstall and reinstall fixed this issue. Will be worth confirming the version number of powerdvd.exe is 7.3.3514.0 .

The play command is working fine for me. I am mounting the iso file using daemon tools. I have configured Powerdvd to use this drive letter as its default drive. Hence issuing "play" will start the movie.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hiding Mouse Cursor

Postby Funboy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:59 am

There are two things that might work for hiding the mouse:

The first I would try is to ensure that you've setup the mouse pointer to disappear when your typing something. This might solve your problem:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... inter.mspx

If that doesn't work, here is a program that I've used before to hide the pointer: http://www.softexe.com/cursorhider.html

In PowerDVD there is an option to ensure that the PowerDVD window is on top of all other windows. This might also help.
- Funboy

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:26 pm

Anyone have any ideas on how best to make this command (the one in the above posts) a default for HD DVD and Blu-rays?

Currently I've modified each Blu-ray and HD DVD in my collection to override the default play command and use the above command. But this isn't ideal.

One idea I had was to use the LOCATION field. I'd simply create a LOCATION called Blu-ray or HD DVD and that would then allow me to use a different default playmovie command.

The problem with this is that I can then no longer use LOCATION if I ever need it. And given how fast my collection is growing I could see myself needing a new NAS at which time I "may" need the LOCATION field.

Any thoughts?
- Funboy

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:35 pm

There is no limit to the number of locations you have defined. So you could create multiple locations per NAS. This would cover the different play commands based on the type of movie stored on the NAS.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:18 pm

Perfect!! Then I'll probably create some locations like this:

NAS1_DVD
NAS1_HD
NAS2_DVD
NAS2_HD

Since Blu-ray and HD DVD use the same command, I can simply use HD for both formats. HD default play command will be the Blu-ray/HD DVD PowerDVD command dnd DVD will be my standard TheaterTek command.

I'll give this a try, experiment for a while and then post my results...I'm sure I'll end up tweaking this a bit.

Thanks
- Funboy

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:30 pm

BTW...found a great FREEWARE utility for hiding the mouse:

http://www.apps4apps.filetap.com/nomousy.html

I created 2 shortcuts (1 to hide and 1 to show) in my START and also added to it to my STARTUP. Works perfectly.
- Funboy

Mohuska

HD Playback

Postby Mohuska » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Funboy,

I am very new to Cinemar. I am trying to play Bluray disks which I have ripped using IMGBurn to .iso. They play perfectly using Daemon Tools Lite to mount them and then PowerDVD to play.

OK....I have set up DVDLobby .375, the PowerDVD plugin and the PowerDVD agent (I didn't mention that my server is on one machine and my client is a separate machine).

I can see my BD coverart movies in MainLobby, but can't play them.

I tried using your code to make it work, but I am just too green to understand this at this point....SO

Would you please repost the code....taking out everything that is specific to your configuration.....so that us Noobies can have a chance a getting it right.

Where to you put the code? Does it go into the file with each movie?

Thanks for your help....and feel free to use small words and big type......

Mike

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:46 pm

Return to “Software DVD Players”