Zoomplayer Plugin Not working with ML3

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
evad

Zoomplayer Plugin Not working with ML3

Postby evad » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:53 pm

Anyone have any idea why my Zoomplayer commands were working fine with my ML scenes before upgrading to ML3 + DVDL3.5+ now none of them work? I am also using ZoomPlayer 5 but that was working fine before the ML upgrades.

Ive tried unloading/reloading the plugin even redownloading and installing it again. Ive also reinstalled MLServer still no go.

Here is an example of my syntax not working:

MLServeCmd.MLZoomPlayer|EXIT

evad

Postby evad » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:13 pm

One other thing I noticed is I am using the following syntax:

MLServeCmd.Macro|MLZoomPlayer|EXIT!MLPause|1!MLFileOpen|C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe~ -unmount 0!MLFileOpen|C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe~ -mount 0,"Z:\<<TITLE>>\<<TITLE>>.iso"!MLPause|1~0!MLFileOpen|C:Program Files\Zoom player\zplayer.exe~/DVD /PLAY~F:\Video_TS\Video_TS.ifo~3

Daemon tools loads the ISO and ZoomPlayer launches fine but ZoomPlayer wants to play the DVDROM E: not the Virtual DVD drive even though my syntax says to play F:

Same syntax I've been using prior to upgrade what's going on here?

Thanks,
Dave

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:04 am

Don't know as it has been a long while since I used zoom player.
I would break the issue down into smaller pieces. You have a dozen different areas to look at.

evad

Postby evad » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:43 am

Fair enough...

My initial and main concern is that no Zoomplayer remote commands are working. Where previously before the upgrade the following ML command:

MLServeCmd.MLZoomPlayer|EXIT

would produce Zoomplayer closing.

Logically to me this sounds like the problem is with the plugin. Unless the syntax has changed and I just am not aware of it.

I came across a post earlier (can't find it now) that said not to use the Zoomplayer plugin commands but use the MLFileOpen syntax along with the Zoomplayer command following.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:21 am

I would double check your firewall that TCP commands are getting through. Nothing is wrong with the plugin as it hasn't been changed in a year or so. Zoom 5 came out afterwards, so the plugin can't be blamed for that. Try using Zoom 4 and see if it works again.

We are concentrating on TheaterTek as we have a good working relationship with TT. If Zoom supports HD / Blu Ray, then maybe we get back involved with Zoom as so far TT doesn't support it.

evad

Postby evad » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:35 am

I know the commands are getting through since I see them show up in the MLServer event log.

Something may be corrupt so I am going to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of MLServer 3 and hope for the best.

I may also check ZP 4 as well if that still doesn't work.

Im a little confused on that last part you said....

"If Zoom supports HD / Blu Ray, then maybe we get back involved with Zoom as so far TT doesn't support it."

TT doesnt support what? or did you mean ZP doesnt support HD/Blu Ray?

I wouldnt mind trying TT if it is as good and does everything Im doing now including playing H.264 Quicktime Trailers with no hiccups.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:45 pm

As far as I have been able to tell, neither TheaterTek or Zoom Player are currently providing means to play a HD-DVD or Blu-ray movie. Even when combined with AnyDVD. I have not found a DVD player that supports these new formats that has an external application interface that we can build a plugin for.

Anyone else have some ideas on how we can support HD movies?

evad

Postby evad » Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:03 pm

Smooth thanks for the clarification.

So I guess PowerDVD Ultra is the only software player that supports playback of HD DVD and Blu Ray? And I'm guessing Cinemar has no way of interfacing with this app since I never hear anyone talk about using it.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products ... 2_ENU.html

evad

Postby evad » Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:49 pm

Well apparently the Plugin does NOT work with the latest version of ZoomPlayer.

I just exhausted my testing by uninstall/reinstalling everything and still did not work.

I then uninstalled ZoomPlayer completely and installed 4.3 and presto all the commands work again.

So are there no plans in the future to create a new plugin for Zoomplayer?

Again I don't mind making the switch to TT but I'd love to hear the pros over ZP why are they favored now? It seems like ZP used to be the player of choice.

Return to “Software DVD Players”