Problems Navigating DVD Menus

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
tpate

Problems Navigating DVD Menus

Postby tpate » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:40 am

TTek ver 2.4.2.2, MLTTek Plugin 3.5.126

I'm using TT to play DVDs from HTPC DVD player (not from files).
I'm finding many DVDs that I cannot navigate using just the ML plugin (touchscreen)... e.g. DVD menus that will only function using a mouse... where keyboard arrow keys, and therefore TTek KUp, KDown, etc cmds don't work. I have to use the PC mouse to navigate.

The plugin commands work, but only on some DVD menu screens. e.g. on one DVD, on the titlemenu screen, KRight and KLeft work to move the cursor, and KReturn works to select, but then after select the Settings screen, KUp and KDown will not move the cursor on the setting menu... have to use a mouse to click on a selection.

Is there a way around the problem? I don't want to have to use a wireless mouse in addition to the touchscreen.

Also, is there a single command/way to reliably get a DVD to always start playing the main title bypassing setup, previews, etc.?
Tom

tpate

Postby tpate » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 pm

Well... the answer to this one (thanks to John Pimentel) is to change the TTek Video setting for Video Output from VMR9 (where I had it set) to "Overlay". Now cursor controls properly navigate DVD menus.
Tom

dwarfer

Postby dwarfer » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:06 pm

I have the same issue with navigating DVD menu's using TT 2.6 under Vista x64 but when I change the Video from VMR9 to Overlay I just get a pink screen when trying to play video. Has anyone else had this issue or found another work around for the DVD menu navigation?

dwarfer

Postby dwarfer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:32 am

Anyone any thoughts?

Ive effectivly dumped tt and the plugin because of this and am just using powerdvd. Would perfer to be using tt for standard def dvd though

Thanks

Return to “Software DVD Players”