NOSPLASH command and Bookmarks?

Discussions around plugins that interact with Software DVD Players
Black Banshee

NOSPLASH command and Bookmarks?

Postby Black Banshee » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:18 pm

New to DVDLobby + Theatertek, a few questions I couldn't find answered here or in the documentation:

1) Can't figure out how to use the /NOSPLASH command. I don't want the Theatertek logo to come up when Theatertek launches (I assume this is what the command is for?). I have "/NOSPLASH" put into the TT Power Cmd line in the Theatertek Driver, but the logo screen still comes up when Theatertek launches. I've also tried variations like "AV.HTPC1|Poweron|/NOSPLASH", still no luck.

2) Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use bookmarks within Theatertek? I know there is a bookmark option, and I can access this by right-clicking when the movie is playing. However, I'd like my system to automatically save a bookmark when I exit a movie. Then ideally when I start this movie again later I'd like the system to give me an option to resume at this bookmark or to start over (this was a feature in Meedio which I was using before DVDLobby). Has anyone done this?

thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:07 pm

BB,
the Nosplash parameter is configured where you setup a TT alias. See the TT documentation for examples. This is for the TT3.5x plugin, which you should be using.

davidne0uk

Postby davidne0uk » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:37 am

The TT logo is not the samething as the splash. The /NOSPLASH should not be required with the latest plugin as it prepends it to every command. If you are wanting to also remove the logo you can create a black bitmap named background.bmp and put it into TT main directory.

As for the bookmark question. Have you tried using the auto resume feature of TT. You can set it to prompt in TT "Configuration > General > DVD Drive > Auto Resume DVD".

Davie

Black Banshee

Postby Black Banshee » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 pm

davidne0uk wrote:The TT logo is not the samething as the splash. The /NOSPLASH should not be required with the latest plugin as it prepends it to every command. If you are wanting to also remove the logo you can create a black bitmap named background.bmp and put it into TT main directory.

As for the bookmark question. Have you tried using the auto resume feature of TT. You can set it to prompt in TT "Configuration > General > DVD Drive > Auto Resume DVD".

Davie

THANKS! Both of your tips worked perfectly!

Return to “Software DVD Players”