ML Menu Questions

Plugins related to support of the MainLobby user interface.
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

ML Menu Questions

Postby ronsatter » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Can anyone using this plugin help me with these questions:

1 How do you get the buttons to change state? And what are you supposed to use for color codes? Proper syntax?

2. How do you get the menus to reset when you go back or change scenes? Proper syntax for Back command?

3. How do you employ a second set of menus, ie. perhaps one set for main scene nav and another for just media related. I know how to use popouts, but would like to see an example of how to switch between non popout menus.

4. How do you sucessfully export and import another database? I have exported successfully, but when I import another DB it somehow gets included in the original DB and I see both menu structures mixed together. I tried deleting the original DB file before importing the new file, but that didn't solve the problem? It got so screwed up, I had to reinstall the plugin and start from scratch!

5. How is the variable {{mlmenu_family room_menu_1_history}} used.

Help on any of these questions would save me hours of time.

Thanks,

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:18 am

Ron; Sorry I did not get to the PM you sent. See below for what I know. Keep in mind that in my current setup, I do not use MLMenu, so it is a bit tough for me to test some of this stuff. I do still have all the menus built for the Lodge interface and they are about 80% complete.

1 How do you get the buttons to change state? And what are you supposed to use for color codes? Proper syntax? See the WIKI, as it does work for true false. The state must be set by another trigger using the command; SET_BUTTON_STATE~ButtonID~ButtonState(True/False)~MenuID, and the color is only Red or Green - thats it, no other option. The color numbers were I think for button tinting, which I never actually got to work. This area is not well designed or documented.

2. How do you get the menus to reset when you go back or change scenes? Proper syntax for Back command? MLMenu|Scene_Back~Menu1

3. How do you employ a second set of menus, ie. perhaps one set for main scene nav and another for just media related. I know how to use popouts, but would like to see an example of how to switch between non popout menus. menu2 and so on was designed for a seperate menu set for somthing like a media screen that does not talk to the other screens in a larger implementation. There is no connection between menu1 and menu2. Keep everything in the same structure, all under menu1 if you want the ability to interact with the other scenes in your system without building two complete sets of menus.

4. How do you sucessfully export and import another database? I have exported successfully, but when I import another DB it somehow gets included in the original DB and I see both menu structures mixed together. I tried deleting the original DB file before importing the new file, but that didn't solve the problem? It got so screwed up, I had to reinstall the plugin and start from scratch! this has been one of my largest complaints. The lack of structure in the admin screens in the plugin, along with the lack of very basic features is one of the major reasons that this is a never ending beta.

5. How is the variable {{mlmenu_family room_menu_1_history}} used. I know that this is a variable, but I have never used it. Maybe you could use it to jump back two levels or somthing.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Dave,

Thanks for your response. It appears this plugin has been abandoned.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:35 pm

No, it has not been abandoned at all. Matter of fact, being leveraged for bigger and better things :)

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Wow - care to elaborate on that? :)
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 am

You know David; If this thing is still alive, then why is there little or no interest or support on the behalf of Cinemar? I moved away from the plugin due to all of the half finished items and the fact that I kept begging for support. Lack of documentation, items that do not work or half work, administrative items missing, database errors are just a few of the issues.

This same M.O. seems to be becoming more prevelant for any driver around here that is not media concentric. Go over to one of the lighting drivers and try to get support. One poor guy has been trying to get Insteon support for over a month with no response. Very frustrating, and a great way to loose customers in this highly compettitive space.

It would be different if everything worked, the WIKI was done and all the problems were user based. You could then just say "Go see the WIKI", but it is different if the driver is not working like in this case and several others.

OK - down off my soap box
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

Return to “User Interface Support”