DVDLobby WMC Edition Beta

Plugins related to support of the MainLobby user interface.
egamez

Postby egamez » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Looking at new Linksys WME is correct that it seems not support native ISO and VOB files but MPEG-1/2, WMV9 (Standard and High Definition)
and VC-1 Advanced Profile 4.0 which would limit the capabilities of what we can do at least for playing our library of ripped DVD movies from a WME integrated into ML..

I guess that most of us or 100% of us has ripped our own DVDs collection ( for those of us who has done it) into VOB/ISO format files. I cannot imagine to keep a mirror of our actual VOB/ISO stored library of DVDs but in MPEG-2 format

Have any of you figured out a solution, otherwise what would it be the beauty to integrate DVDLobby into WMC using a WME device such as Linksys, DLink, Niveus or HPSmart Display. By the way the Niveus EDGE WME is RS232 controllable so you can imagine the rest with ML.

Thanks in advance for your comments

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Well here's my two cents. Having gotten through some "stuipid" mistakes on my part the MCE UI is working very well. No issues playing VOBs.

The really nice thing here is that in theory it should not be too difficult to add more UI tweaks such as: On mouse over coverart "expands" to a large size, OR, there is a large Coverart fixed on the screen with the movie info that dynamically changes when mouse over occurs, or on click "Play, More Info" option...which the latter would bring up a page of all the movie details.

Now....if I only new a little more about MCE coding.....awesome work Dave!

egamez

Postby egamez » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi Kevin

Issue playing VOBs and IFOs its not at Media Center level but at the Windows Media Extender ( WME) since most of the available units for Vista MC do not recognize and play VOB/IFO files. WME such as the one from linksys and DLink only supports standard MPEG-1/2 and WMV9 but not VOB/IFO but I am still researching about the Niveus.

My point here is that what beauty would be to navigate through DVD Lobby interfase from a WME if the device cannot play native VOB/IFO which I am sure its what everybody its using to store their ripped DVD content.

I am aware that Cinemar folks were be doing some testing with plug-in and WME devices so I am taking the chance to ask then how is it going

Thanks and regards

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:59 pm

DVDLobby is not restricted to playing movies only in IFO/VOB format. Those are restrictions of the various movie renderers. DVDLobby can catalog movies stored in any format.

Cecil

Postby Cecil » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:37 am

Count me in for the beta.

Cecil

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Smooth - sign me up when you have a chance. THanks.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Monte

Beta Requst

Postby Monte » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Please add me to the Beta list when you get a chance.

I am running MLServer on a dual XEON processor server, 16 gb memory, Raid 5. Movies are stored on a Sony 995 and also on a Windows Home Server. MCE runs on a dual core Intel processor. Also multiple XBOX 360's are used as extenders.

Thanks...

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:03 pm

I'd love to see a UI something like this 8)
To make this all we need is the large coverart and rest of the movie data to display somewhere on the page. At the moment it's just the movie title. I can't figure out the HTML coding...I have tried. Feel actually kind of stupid since I figured it would be simple to make the changes myself... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:23 pm

The DVDLobby375WMC beta is now available via MLInstaller in the Beta section.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:08 am

smoothtlk wrote:The DVDLobby375WMC beta is now available via MLInstaller in the Beta section.

Already been testing for a couple of months

Why does this code display nothing at all...it seems like it should at least be displaying the image path of the dvdbrowse_coverart(#)_clientname.

function showCover (aCoverart) {
var tmp = aCoverart;
tmp = tmp.replace("Movie","");
tmp = document.getElementById("dvdbrowse_coverart" + tmp + "_{{clientname}}").innerHTML;
document.getElementById("hovermoviecoverart").innerHTML = tmp;
}

function hideCoverart() {
document.getElementById("hovermoviecoverart").innerHTML = "";
}

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 pm

Anyone? I know Dave is overworked...anyone else know enough about coding to take a stab at this?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Any MLServer variables that are referenced in the Javascript must also be declared in one of the global variables called pagevarsA, pagevarsB. If the server variables are not declared in one of these two variables then they will not be able to be dynamically updated via AJAX calls. Look here first to see if the problem lies there.

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:01 pm

I understand that. Here is the code from the original file

pagevarsA = "dvdbrowse_totalhits_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_pages_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_pagenum_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_filterfield_{{clientname}}~" +
"dvdbrowse_coverart1_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart2_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart3_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart4_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart5_{{clientname}}~" +
"dvdbrowse_coverart6_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart7_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart8_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart9_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart10_{{clientname}}~" +
"dvdbrowse_coverart11_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart12_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart13_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart14_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_coverart15_{{clientname}}~" +
"dvdbrowse_title1_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title2_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title3_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title4_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title5_{{clientname}}~" +
"dvdbrowse_title6_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title7_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title8_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title9_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title10_{{clientname}}~" +
"dvdbrowse_title11_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title12_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title13_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title14_{{clientname}}~dvdbrowse_title15_{{clientname}}";

---------------------
This code swaps the number (#) dynamically to show the title name string when hovered

function showTitle (aTitle) {
var tmp = aTitle;
tmp = document.getElementById("dvdbrowse_title" + tmp + "_{{clientname}}").innerHTML;
document.getElementById("hovermovietitle").innerHTML = tmp;
}

function hideTitle() {
document.getElementById("hovermovietitle").innerHTML = "";
}

-----------------------
So if this same logic works for displaying the hovered movie title then it should also work for displaying the the coverart string as the only change in the code is dvdrowse_title -> dvdbrowse_coverart

function showTitle (aTitle) {
var tmp = aTitle;
tmp = document.getElementById("dvdbrowse_coverart" + tmp + "_{{clientname}}").innerHTML;
document.getElementById("hovermoviecoverart").innerHTML = tmp;
}

function hideTitle() {
document.getElementById("hovermoviecoverart").innerHTML = "";
}

-------------------------
know what I mean?

Return to “User Interface Support”