MLSageTV Plugin for integration with SageTV PVR

Discussions regarding Cinemar plugins to interface with PC Personal Video Recorder (PVR) software.
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

MLSageTV Plugin for integration with SageTV PVR

Postby DavidL » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:29 am

SageTV is a PC software package that enables scheduled recording of TV. It supports many different tuner cards, including the HDHomeRun ethernet tuner that receives QAM unencrypted cable as well as over the air HD programming.

MLSageTV plugin is a means to provide a user interface to Sage software directly in MainLobby.

The MLSageTV plugin also allows for populating the current TVLobby user interface with guide data via SageTV application.

You must have SageTV Server installed and licensed on a networked PC to MLServer3 PC. These can be the same PC, but not recommended (especially if you use software encoding TV capture card(s)).

For more information on SageTV: http://www.sagetv.com

This plugin requires the latest MLServer3 and MainLobby3 client.

Post in this thread if you are interested in participating in this beta.

BTW, this is one means for TVLobby users to get guide data back up and running

Documentation Wiki and download link:
http://talluscorp.com/mediawiki/index.p ... eTV_Plugin

01/28/2009 Production release posted

MLSageTV 0.2.1 is now in beta.

Version 0.2.1

- Added the list of Music files and Photos.

Version 0.2.0

- The free video disk space is now working.

Version 0.1.9

- Added the possiblity of creating a recording job from the Program Guide.

- Added the command "MLSageTV|Record~{{Type}}~{{AutoID}}", where {{TYpe}} = (Manual|FirstRun|Any) and {{AutoID}} is the database's autoID of the TblProgram.

- Requires SageTCPServer version 0.7.

Version 0.1.8

- Added the Lineup selection to the Program Guide scene

- Added a Media Center scene for the other type of video files.

- Can use Live TV and Play back a file on the monitored SageTV device.

- Added the command: "MLSageTV|SendToPort~{{port}}~{{Command}}", where {{port}} is the port of one of the monitored devices and {{Command}} is one of the accepted SageTCPServer commands like "CMD:Live TV" (replaces the "send" command which only worked on the Sage TV Server).

- The "Recorded show details" scene is now more informative.

- The scenes now contain more detailed information.

- Requires SageTCPServer version 0.6.

- It is now possible to use MLSageTV|Send~<Command> to
send a command directly to the SageTV TCP server. For
example: "MLSageTV|Send~CMD:Live TV" (without the "")
would switch Sage TV to the Live TV mode...
Last edited by DavidL on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

sportera

Postby sportera » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:12 am

Well since Ive been begging to get a ML and SageTV merge at the HTPC level.....

YES! I would be happy to test this. But can someone point me to a link where to get ML to respond to "remote control" support (preferedly MCE remote control)?

Scott

Postby Scott » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:19 pm

I'm so glad you guys are working on a plugin for SageTV. I've been using it for about a year now and it really works well. I would actually like to use it mainly for viewing movies at different TV location. They came out with SageTV HD Media Extender ($200) which will play HD video on a TV via network. Everyone on the Sage forums seems to be raving about it.

Would it be possible to use Mainlobby as the GUI and MLServer send the appropriate commands to play movies through it?

http://sagetv.com/hd_extender.html

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/downloads.php
Scott
InControl

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:01 pm

Scott wrote:I'm so glad you guys are working on a plugin for SageTV.

I did an initial proof of concept based on NielM's web server, to display various SageTV informations in MainLobby... But we concluded that relying on a third party web server was not a good idea in the long run. If you check this thread on the Sage TV forum, you'll see that the SageCQC method seems more appropriate.

Unfortunately, that project got delayed due to SnapStream adding security levels to Beyond TV 4.8, which broke backward compatibility of their API. And their next beta cycle broke some of the API calls, which made it tricky to finish updating my various addons/plugins... ;)

Would it be possible to use Mainlobby as the GUI and MLServer send the appropriate commands to play movies through it?

The way I see it, the first phase would be to display Sage TV's informations in MainLobby through some kind of SageML server, and to actually interact in a two-way fashion. The second phase would be to display ML's informations in Sage TV. The third phase is where we'd try to throw the HD Extender in the mix... ;)

couj

Postby couj » Sat May 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Has any progress been made with this? Am I correct in understanding that this plugin will allow a user with sage tv installed on a network pc to control sage through their mainlobby interface (rather than having to use the sage interface)? If so, would this include choosing to record programs from the sage tv guide/listing?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sat May 10, 2008 10:57 pm

couj wrote:Has any progress been made with this?

I did get side-tracked by changes to the BTV API, but with another good few good days of development, I should be able to get back to the MLSageTV project...

Am I correct in understanding that this plugin will allow a user with sage tv installed on a network pc to control sage through their mainlobby interface (rather than having to use the sage interface)?

Yes, that's the plan, as is possible currently with the MLBeyondTV plugin.

If so, would this include choosing to record programs from the sage tv guide/listing?

With MLBeyondTV, this can be done through the TVLobby interface, so it should be similar for MLSageTV. I just haven't found any other way to properly display a TV Guide in MainLobby, besides TVLobby.

I have asked before what people would want from the MLSageTV plugin, but I haven't gotten much feedback...

couj

Postby couj » Sun May 11, 2008 5:58 am

Thanks for the quick response Fonceur. Sounds promising. I don't see any problem using the TVLobby interface to select shows that you would like to record using SageTV. As long as there was another interface for selecting and playing the recorded shows etc.

I also think that it would be a good idea to be able to use the extender and play movie files (as well as recorded TV). But I understand if this has to be put on hold while the TV aspects of the plugin are progressed.

Cheers

Couj

couj

Postby couj » Sun May 11, 2008 8:48 am

A feature that I rely on alot on at the moment and that I would like to see implemented in this driver (if possible) is the option to record an entire series of a show when you click to record that show (ie rather than just recording the one episode).

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:20 am

Scott wrote:Would it be possible to use Mainlobby as the GUI and MLServer send the appropriate commands to play movies through it?

After getting in touch with the developer of SageCQC, I did start working on the project again, and that is one of the features that SageCQC already supports. So I am thinking of something like MLSageTV|SendTo~Device~Command or such...

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:31 am

couj wrote:is the option to record an entire series of a show when you click to record that show (ie rather than just recording the one episode).

In SageTV itself, this is done through the favorites. The BTV version uses the Once/New/All options and I don't see why I couldn't use the same in SageTV... ;)

couj

Postby couj » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:00 am

Sounds promising - any idea when a beta might be available?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 am

couj wrote:Sounds promising - any idea when a beta might be available?

Well, in its current state, it is not doing much... After connecting to the SageTV server, it receives a stripped down list of Upcoming recordings and Recorded shows. So now I need to properly parse that string, extract the useful information, then talk back to the SageTV server to get the full details for each. While I don't expect much issues, the whole thing is new territory, so I will see how it goes... ;)

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:13 pm

Version 0.0.8.0 posted tonight. Includes a new UI for interaction with SageTV app.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 pm

v 0.0.9.0 posted

- It is now possible to use MLSageTV|Send~<Command> to
send a command directly to the SageTV TCP server. For
example: "MLSageTV|Send~CMD:Live TV" (without the "")
would switch Sage TV to the Live TV mode...

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:16 am

Here is how it looks so far... Currently the limiting factor is the SageCQC.jar, as it exposes only a small fraction of the SageTV API, but that is being worked on.
Last edited by Fonceur on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Personal Video Recorder Plugins”