Any MLBeyondTV feature requests?

Discussions regarding Cinemar plugins to interface with PC Personal Video Recorder (PVR) software.

Any MLBeyondTV feature requests?

Postby Fonceur » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:17 pm

As far as I am concerned, the current version contains everything needed for an official release, but I figured I might be able to squeeze in a few more features/fixes, assuming they are simple enough...

Here is a list of things that are not so trivial and might or might not be added in the future (i.e. after release):

- TVLobby merger: at some point, MLBeyondTV should be able to do internally everything that TVLobby does and more... (like scheduling a recording from the TV guide or possibly launching LiveTV)

- More sort and filtering options: things like only showing Upcoming recordings on a specific tuner, sorting recordings alphabetically and so on...

- Persistent searches: define an Advanced search and have it automatically executed after a guide update, with the possibility of creating a recording job for the matching results. (BTV-Negociator allows that right now)

- Using BTV or BTV-Link to playback video files: in principle, it should be possible to use those instead of the AV.1|PlayFile~ command...

- Internet Movie DataBase search: obtain recommendations or grab missing informations for one of your recordings. Might be done through an AMG subscription instead. (BTV-Negociator allows that right now with IMDb, this one is far from trivial and might never make it, or might require webLobby or MLDMR...)

- Scenes using MLMenu: I have not yet looked into it seriously, but on the surface it looks like it might improve the navigation. (since I already built internally a complex navigation system, I am not sure they would play nice together...)
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

randy h

Postby randy h » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi Fonceur,
I am not using MLBeyondTV, but I have been following its developement.

I just wanted to say that I sure like the way you have developed it and responded to user's needs. =D>

Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:57 pm

Agreed. Here Here to Founceur!

Return to “Personal Video Recorder Plugins”