Pre-release: MLBeyondTV with TVLobby support

Discussions regarding Cinemar plugins to interface with PC Personal Video Recorder (PVR) software.
Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Pre-release: MLBeyondTV with TVLobby support

Postby Fonceur » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:38 pm

This is a pre-release for TVLobby users who have run out of guide data (I would have posted earlier but I waited 2.5 months on a forum account validation and finally recreated the account today and it got validated right away...). As mentionned by smoothtlk, other options are being investigated, if this one does not suit your needs (i.e. you don't have a tuner card or are using one of Beyond TV's competing product...).

Since zap2it have stopped making their guide data freely available, the MLBeyondTV plugin relies on the data from SnapStream Media's Beyond TV. You can download a free evaluation copy of Beyond TV from their web site.

Download the installer and run it on the primary MLServer3 PC.

http://www.cinemaronline.com/software/b ... _Setup.exe

Once Beyond TV is installed and has finished downloading your lineup(s), you can recreate a new TVLobby database (you should keep a copy of your database, though I expect it to be expired by now...). In the MainLobby Server menu, go to View --> Plugins, select MLBeyondTV and right click to select Settings. Make sure the BTV Server name/password/port are ok (or change them and press Modify), then press "Update the database" to start filling your TVLobby database (located in MLServer\Data\TV.mdb). You can monitor the progress on the Log tab, wait for the line "Done updating the database" before launching TVLobby.

As mentionned before, this is a pre-release which is not optimized (the whole database is wiped/recreated each time instead of being updated), the actual release will offer much more and most likely be one of the replacements for TVLobby itself... It has only been tested with my own lineup, so please report any issue you may encounter.

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:22 am

Gave it a quick try this morning, and it seems to have loaded up my schedule just fine.

BTW, this works with the BeyondTV 21 day trial version, so people can try it out. The problems with the TVLobby situation aside, I look forward to having PVR capability in MainLobby.

Dean

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:13 pm

=D> IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!

Necessity is the mother of invention, and this is one mother of a plugin.....

I am not getting into the politics here, and hope we all can agree to keep this thread focused on this feature set and this plugin version!

You managed to keep the original interface (so my scenes work with no edit or change)

AND

you delivered a functional schedule engine that appears to be all it needs to be. Thank you kind sir for taking the initiative and delivering the goods, especially in this hour of need.

So, the obvious question is how it integrates with the rest of the BeyondTV package (which thanks to your efforts) is on its way. I had always considered Beyond and Myth and others but never moved because of the integration challenge. So, thanks again. This is truly exciting stuff!
ChrisB

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:45 am

cborod wrote:You managed to keep the original interface (so my scenes work with no edit or change)

Well, the pre-release only updates the TVLobby database, so indeed your scenes won't have changed. ;)

So, the obvious question is how it integrates with the rest of the BeyondTV package (which thanks to your efforts) is on its way.

If you want an idea of what's coming, you could take a look at my other applications (mainly BTV-Negociator and BTV-Externinator) at:

http://www.beyondhtpc.com/fonceur/

I also attached a sample scene. But as I said in the first post, it is still not certain if we will be allowed to redistribute SnapStream's images (converted from .png to .swf) to keep the BTV feel... If you compare this "Recording settings" menu to BTV's, you'll see that I am not duplicating the whole thing and that I am adding features not available in BTV itself... It will be customizable, to a certain point (through a BTVMenus.xml and probably 0019/4:3/16:9/custom scenes...)... Eventually, the TVLobby's functionality will probably be integrated, so there won't be a need for it, but there's plenty to do before that... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cborod

Postby cborod » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:51 am

great news~!

thanks again, and here's hoping for your success
ChrisB

"Round up the usual suspects."

cborod

Postby cborod » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:17 am

a new development for me.

With the initial install everything worked fine.

Then I upgraded to MLTV 3.1.8 and now I'm getting mixed results.

TV lobby shows no actors, a handful of movies, no sports, and listings for only the first two channels of my roster.

ML Beyond seems to go through its paces, creating its database (where is it by the way?) and the log says it wipes the programs, etc, updates the programs, etc. but no longer seems to complete the task

TVlobby 3.0.18
MLBeyond 0.3.6
Server 3.0.329
ChrisB

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:39 am

Update the MLBTV plugin and try updating the Guide data again.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:51 am

cborod wrote:Then I upgraded to MLTV 3.1.8 and now I'm getting mixed results.

Yes, that was the reason of my last post in the sticky thread. Basically, the older database had a field named programMovieStars of 50 characters, which I assumed to be the list of actors... In TVLobby 3.0.18, that field got shrunk to 16 characters, making it obvious that it's actually a rating in number of *... ;)

tlum

Postby tlum » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:15 pm

Not quite ready for prime time. When I click on "Update the database" MLService crashes (see attached). If I click on the log tab the plug-in crashes (see attached).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:27 pm

tlum wrote:When I click on "Update the database" MLService crashes (see attached).

Try making sure the Log tab is working first and see if any error shows up there. I had that error show up once, as well as MLServer crashing on launch a few times (before it even reached my addon), but generic errors like that are hard to track down...

If I click on the log tab the plug-in crashes (see attached).

That is a known bug (first on the wiki), I was getting it on my HTPC but it hasn't shown up on my development machine yet.

tlum

Postby tlum » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:56 pm

Yes, MLServer randomly crashes on startup while loading plugins. Can't tell which one is triggering it. Clicking "update database" button ALWAYS causes it.

The one time that log tab worked there was a failure message about a missing BTVmenus.xml file in the MLserver directory. I have replaced the database from the install and still crashes it.

oops... was running the wrong TVLobby installer(1.5.1 [my bad])... installed with 3.0.18 and it is now running for the load for the first time. Time will tell.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:15 pm

tlum wrote:The one time that log tab worked there was a failure message about a missing BTVmenus.xml file in the MLserver directory.

Ok, I deleted the ListView and recreated it, we'll see in release 0.4.3 if that helps... As for the missing BTVMenus.xml, I don't make (or check) the installer, I'll inquire to make sure the file gets placed in the right folder... ;)

oops... was running the wrong TVLobby installer(1.5.1 [my bad])... installed with 3.0.18 and it is now running for the load for the first time.

Good, though normally it should simply have written in the log a database error about an invalid field length. I will see about adding a TVLobby version check or such...

cborod

Postby cborod » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:20 pm

all's well.....pretty much anyway. guide is right on, sports is poulated, as are actors. Movies is empty.... no big deal for me, but thought I'd pass along the info. Seems the field {{ismovie}} is not checked on any program item in the database. Thus nothing appears in the scene when movies is selected.

Otherwise Thank you~!
ChrisB

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:33 pm

cborod wrote:Movies is empty.... no big deal for me, but thought I'd pass along the info. Seems the field {{ismovie}} is not checked on any program item in the database. Thus nothing appears in the scene when movies is selected.

Since you seem to have MS Access (or MDBViewer plus or such), could you check the table TblProgram and sort by ProgramID. Normally, the programID for the movies should be of the format MV0123456789, with isMovie True and isSeries False, while the rest are using EP0123456789 or SH0123456789 with isMovie False and isSeries True. Can you spot a difference with your listing?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:55 pm

cborod wrote:sports is poulated, as are actors. Movies is empty....

Ok, I had not checked TVLobby 3.0.18 totally, the logic must have changed as it is not reporting either the movies or sport events on mine...

Return to “Personal Video Recorder Plugins”