MLEmail not working

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

MLEmail not working

Postby kirkfrey » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I can’t get MLEmail to work. Calendar works and so does contacts but not email. In the Outlook plug in - .95 – it says “Email Server Available… it has the same info as calendar and contacts. When I use the stock ML scenes it does not see any email – new or existing in the mailbox.

There are no MLS variables created, the plugin is loaded 3.0.112.

Thoughts?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

donaldeweaver

Re: MLEmail not working

Postby donaldeweaver » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Is anyone using MLEmail? I can't seem to get it to work either. There is little information on this plugin. According to the Wiki, email will auto-config.
"MLEmail does not have a configuration tab as it just sends the Outlook received email directly to the plugin. "
I do have contacts and calendar connecting to the plugin. However, I have nothing in the mail providers tab and cannot enter anything. The wiki states as follows:

"Mail Providers Tab
On this tab, the Outlook Addins on your one or several PCs will be displayed here.
You can force the list to be reset and the port to be reconnected by clicking the appropriate buttons. "

What's the trick to setting up email? or is this an outdated plugin that no longer works?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Kirk and Don,

The MLEmail plugin does work. It is very sparse on wiki docs, but basically it is an "autoconfig" through the MLOutlook addin. The wiki info on the "Mail Providers Tab" is correct.

On this tab, the Outlook Addins on your one or several PCs will be displayed here.
You can force the list to be reset and the port to be reconnected by clicking the appropriate buttons.

As described, you can't enter your server ip address manually. If you have Outlook running with the MLOutlook addin correctly installed, the addin will build a list of servers to use.

Here's what my MLEmail plugin shows:

MLEmail Mail Providers.jpg

Here's what the MLOutlook addin shows:

MLOutlook Servers.jpg

Once you see a MLEmail Mail Provider in the list, you should see MLEmail variables populate in MLServer, and show all unread Outlook emails on the default 0019 email.mls scene.

0019 email.jpg

You can set a MLServer rule to watch the variable {{mlemail_new_subject}} for changes and use that to set an alert for new imcoming mail.

Here's a couple of my custom email scenes to give you some ideas.
Email Alert.jpg

Email.jpg

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

donaldeweaver

Postby donaldeweaver » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

thanks for the response. What you are saying is that there is nothing to setup.

So how do you get the mail providers to populate once the outlook plugin is installed??

How do you know if the outlook plugin is installed correctly/incorrectly?
BTW: Firewall Ports are open and mlserver and outook run on the same Win XP pc.
Thanks, Don

mlemail plugin.JPG

outlook.JPG

outlook event.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ronsatter

Postby ronsatter » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Don,

You can do one thing. Try the "Reconnect Port" button in the plugin with both ML and Outlook running.

What version of the Outlook addin are you running? The MLOutlookAddin.dll file should be 3.0.93

I believe there was an issue with version 3.0.95. See this forum link:

http://forum.cinemaronline.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=14511&p=94509#p94509

Dll extensions are not attachable in this forum. PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “MLOutlook”