Outlook 2007 and MLOutlook - Outlook locks up when replying

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
ghadlock

Outlook 2007 and MLOutlook - Outlook locks up when replying

Postby ghadlock » Wed May 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Hey all-

I'm troubleshooting an Outlook issue that may or may not be related to the MLOutlook plugin, but wanted some feedback.

I'm running Outlook 2007, and every time that I reply to a message, Outlook hangs and consumes 100% CPU when I get 2 or 3 lines into the message (I'm guessing that's when outlook runs its script to validate addresses in the TO: box, not sure).

Anyhow, this seems to have started when I installed MLOutlook plugin, and occurs now when MLOutlook is the only plugin running. It does NOT occur when Outlook is run in safe mode without plugins. I've followed the standard Outlook troubleshooting steps (delete command.dat, extend.dat, other profile related files, scan .pst, etc.) without resolution.

I had the problem with the SP1 version of Outlook, and now I'm running the SP2 version with the same issue.

Is anyone else using Outlook 2007 with the MLOutlook plugin without issues? Any advice on how to troubleshoot further?

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Fri May 29, 2009 12:33 am

I use MLOutlook with Outlook 2007 running in the background with no problems either in ML or Outlook.

I regularly send email from Outlook while the plugin is running in ML with no problems. I have had MLOutlook plugin running for several months with no issues ... seems very stable.

You can check the MLOutlook Wiki for the precise installation procedures. I would just do a clean install of all of the elements, if you haven't already tried that.

Good Luck,

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

Return to “MLOutlook”