Problem with Recurring Events

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
geodementia

Problem with Recurring Events

Postby geodementia » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:02 am

I've been seeing some very strange behaviour when a recurring all-day event is set in Outlook. Something is spooking the plugin into displaying the same event for several days, and even pushing other events into the wrong day!

(In this capture the Kids Swimming is actually on the 3rd in Outlook but shown here on the 6th for example, and although I sometimes forget our Anniversary, The better half DEFINATELY only has it in the calendar once!)

The display on the Outlook side itself is fine - the problem is within the ML plugin. I'm not sure what it is, but is only happens to SOME events and not others. If I delete one of the problematic events from outlook, MLCalendar cleans up the bogus information and looks right again, but if I then add the all-day event back into Outlook the problem comes back in ML !

I'm stumped as to what the problem is - and the WAF has taken a hit as well - Our main calendar is on her Outlook setup, and she's not liking the fact I keep fiddling with her setup to fix "The house".

Anyone seen this and can point me in the right direction, or does this look like a problem with the plugin ??

Setup is:
MLS: 3.0.557
ML: 3.00.151
MLCalendar: 3.0.253
Outlook 2003[/img]
Geoff
Sydney, Australia

geodementia

Postby geodementia » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:50 am

Bump.

Still seeing this problem, despite rebuilding from scratch both my server installation AND the client PC hosing the Outlook instance in question
(i.e. I re-created the calendar from scratch - not just imported the PST)

Also tried running an older version of the plugin DLL on the client - no difference.

Hopefully now that MusicLobby 3.75 is out there some of these long-standing issues with the 'smaller' plugins can be checked out :wink:

Upgraded to the following:
MLS 3.75.34
MLCalendar 3.0.253
Outlook 2007
Geoff

Sydney, Australia

Return to “MLOutlook”