MLPhonebook Error Importing Contacts

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
geodementia

MLPhonebook Error Importing Contacts

Postby geodementia » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

I'm currently trialling MLPhonebook and I'm seeing an error I don't quite understand (or rather I understand what it means, but can't find the problem!)

The error in the Event Log is:

XML Import Succeeded
Number of Nodes - 57
deleted records
Error The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data. - (-2147217887) @line 440 in procedure ProcessXML of SharedCode
Server requested Client Update - (2/11/2009 11:00:25 AM)
Server requested Client Update - (2/11/2009 11:00:25 AM)

I have been through the 57 contacts I have in Outlook and can't find any fields that appear out of the ordinary.

I've tried clearing the table and deleting variables a couple of times, but this didn't help.

If I import my contacts from a different Outlook client with only 10 or so contacts, it imports successfully, so I guess there is something in my main outlook contacts that the plugin doesn't like . . . but what ???
Geoff
Sydney, Australia

geodementia

Postby geodementia » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:19 pm

OK Sorted it out - I dragged the contacts.mdb into Access and noticed a length limit of 50 on most of the fields. A closer look at one record in my contacts had an address that pushed this over the limit.

So all good . . . for now 8)
Geoff

Sydney, Australia

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Sun May 03, 2009 12:41 pm

I just ran into this. is there any reason that the limit can get increased during the next update?
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

Return to “MLOutlook”