0019_calendar1_details not finding

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

0019_calendar1_details not finding

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Wiki says for mlcalendar sample descriptions:

The 0019_calendar.mls sample scene demonstrates the ability to scroll up / down (click the day's event description at the top / bottom). If you click the Day's date box, the Day's Event scene (0019_calendar1_details) slides in from the right. At the bottom of the scene, you should see the Prev and Next buttons. Click these to scroll through a day's events. If there are no additional events, then the MLServer variable {{MLCalendar_Next_Events_Available}} tells the Next button's state to lower it's tint and become slightly invisible to indicate that there isn't any more events.

I have loaded all the latest plugins. Found mloutlook1.cmds and inported it. Cant really see them in macro commands list in mls.

Anyhoot, when i click the days date box, which I assume means the date on the calendar which has two areas in it, no 0019_calendar1_details shows up. I did a search on my PC for that file and its not there. From where is it supposed to download? Im sure its not linking to it since its not in any folder.

What have I left out? Am I not hitting the right area?

Also as previously posted, whenever mloutlook is running my processor is at 60% plus.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Are you saying that your MainLobby3 Client is running at 60%?
That might be because there are a ton of graphical elements on that scene, each consuming some cpu. A week's worth would be much less, if you wanted to customize a scene (which takes a bit of time).

Also, MLCalendar default scenes were developed before the button Alias existed. So, if you were to redo that scene, you would use button Alias instead of button ID (which changes as you move buttons around).

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:22 pm

yes, the ml client. Pretty consumed.

At this time, I only have three events in the calendar. Would the CPU still still be overpowered? I may look at doing a weeks worth later.

Scratching your head that I got it all installed with no questions? LOL

I dont really want to redo any scenes right now. I just want to get it to work as designed then go from there. I haven't changed any buttons except for size (next year/month) on the main 0019_calendar.mls.

Where should the 0019_calendar1_details be? Should it have already downloaded with all the outlook plugins? Is there something I am missing to keep the menu from sliding in? Imagine it may be tied to similar commands about my keyboard sliding in, as in barlobby, the keyboard pops in but cant execute any keys on the keyboard. Have to shut down ml to get the keyboard to go away. Related?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 pm

The number of events shouldn't change cpu. The number of MainLobby library objects on a scene is likely what is causing the cpu use - which MLCalendar's month's worth is a lot (hundreds).

0019_calendar_detail.mls

Is part of the installation. Not the file you reference. Possibly the wiki was not updated.

I don't remember doing an onscreen keyboard for MLCalendar. My recollection is that DaveP put together the first onscreen keyboard for DVDLobby 3.75 and the thought was to reconfigure it for MLCalendar, but I am not sure that we got to do that. I am sure it would work, once you have digested how DVDLobby 3.75 example works and you retrofit it for use with MLCalendar (or WebLobby, etc.).

Ranger Home Automation
Expert
Expert

Postby Ranger Home Automation » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 pm

OK, a need wiki update explains that. Thanks, I was driving myself nuts.

My reference to the keyboard was simply to see if the items in my calendar that arent working ("If you click the Day's date box, the Day's Event scene (0019_calendar1_details) slides in from the right" not working) was related to keyboard. Apparently its not related since my keyboard pop up is now working and the 0019_calendar1_details does not slide on to the scene.

Is it far to assume it should be 0019_calendar_details and wiki needs updated? Regardess, the plugin doesnt require me configing the calendar detail to slide into view does it?

Thanks David.

Return to “MLOutlook”