MLCalendar - Tasks

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
richardfj

MLCalendar - Tasks

Postby richardfj » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:08 am

Trying to figure out if the MLOutlook option will work for my needs ...

Does the plugin integrate management of tasks from Outlook? I want to track my weekly/monthly etc. tasks that I do around the house and the Outlook Tasks function is perfect for what I want to use it for ... just want to make sure the plugin will work for me.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:24 am

I dont' remember anything on Tasks. You can create events, view events, view a day's events. Don't think anything that is about tasks. Been a long time now. hard to remember.

richardfj

Postby richardfj » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:36 pm

Bummer ... I like the way Outlook manages recurring tasks and I would love to integrate that functionality in my system

One of the first things I discovered when I bought my first house is that it's almost impossible to keep track of all the things that need to get done weekly/monthly/seasonally. A simple thing like replacing the air filter in my A/C ... supposed to happen every month, but often seem to get done a week or two late. Outlook tasks allow me to set it to repeat a month after I complete each task (for example) ... so I might be a week late replacing the filter, but then I won't be reminded again until a month later .. otherwise I would be replacing a lot of my filter too early ...

Anyway ... maybe there is a web interface out there that I could integrate into web lobby ... hmm ... any ideas?

mwebster
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mwebster » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:48 pm

If you don't have too many tasks, maybe you could use mlcountdown or just implement it with mltimer? Difficult to add/delete tasks, but house stuff is fairly constant.

Return to “MLOutlook”