Outlook 2007

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
User avatar
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: San Leandro, CA
Contact:

Outlook 2007

Postby ronsatter » Sat May 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Is anyone using MLCalendar plugin with Outlook 2007. I can get the Plugin add-in to connect with MLServer, do an update (according to the log events) but I can't view calendar events using the sample calendar event scene. I see the event info in the server variables for the calendar day, but doesn't show up in the text boxes on the scene. The "create new event" scene doesn't seem to work with the keyboard swf. I can click inside the text bar in the keyboard swf, but can't enter any characters. As far as I can tell, I'm using the latest versions of MLCalendar / ML Lobby / and MLServer.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

User avatar
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: San Leandro, CA
Contact:

Re: Outlook 2007

Postby ronsatter » Sat May 31, 2008 1:23 am

ronsatter wrote:Is anyone using MLCalendar plugin with Outlook 2007. I can get the Plugin add-in to connect with MLServer, do an update (according to the log events) but I can't view calendar events using the sample calendar event scene. I see the event info in the server variables for the calendar day, but doesn't show up in the text boxes on the scene. The "create new event" scene doesn't seem to work with the keyboard swf. I can click inside the text bar in the keyboard swf, but can't enter any characters. As far as I can tell, I'm using the latest versions of MLCalendar / ML Lobby / and MLServer.

Ron


Still no luck getting the calendar events data to display in the 0019 Calendar Details scene. Still can't get the keyboard swf to work at all. Anyone?
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

User avatar
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible
Posts: 11071
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:39 am
Location: Metamora, Michigan
Contact:

Postby DavidL » Sat May 31, 2008 6:18 am

Update to the very latest (just updated a day or so ago) of the MLOutlook addin and MLCalendar plugin.

Follow the wiki (just revised).

Let us know where along the wiki things don't go according to plan.

User avatar
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: San Leandro, CA
Contact:

A little progress ...

Postby ronsatter » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 pm

DavidL wrote:Update to the very latest (just updated a day or so ago) of the MLOutlook addin and MLCalendar plugin.

Follow the wiki (just revised).

Let us know where along the wiki things don't go according to plan.


Well, I have had some success, using the latest versions of MLOutlook addin and MLCalendar plugin. I can't get the MLOutlook addin to show in the Outlook Menu. Read the wiki, noted the quirkiness. Did the uninstall, reinstall several times with no luck. The addin shows up in the load list of COM addins in Outlook, but never appears in Outlook. Even though the addin is not working, the MLCalendar plugin is talking to MLServer and the client. I have variables populating the custom ML Calendar scenes, but I still can't get the swf calendar object to work. It appears visually in the scene, but you can't type any characters with it. Sometimes it locks up Main Lobby completely and displays an error message in French (weird). Does anyone have this experience?

Also, before I could get the MLCalendar scenes to work correctly, I had to study the scripts to discover that the secondary scenes which appear when you click on a date on the calendar are Overlay scenes. Once I loaded the overlay scenes in their correct layer, BINGO! Everything worked according to the scripts ... except for the keyboard data entry part.

I never see any posts about this plugin, which make me wonder if anyone has it working correctly. Admittedly, the sample scenes and wiki info are sparse. It would be great to see some real world scenes from others, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks,

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

User avatar
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible
Posts: 11071
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:39 am
Location: Metamora, Michigan
Contact:

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:55 am

What calendar flash object? There isn't a special one for MLCalendar.
There is one sample scene that has many, many objects on a scene for each day, for scrol up / down / for the date number, etc. But, they are all built from standard graphical components from the standard MainLobby library.

The included calendar swf is superceded by your own custom calendar scene with similar many graphical elements.

User avatar
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: San Leandro, CA
Contact:

Postby ronsatter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:02 pm

DavidL wrote:What calendar flash object? There isn't a special one for MLCalendar.
There is one sample scene that has many, many objects on a scene for each day, for scrol up / down / for the date number, etc. But, they are all built from standard graphical components from the standard MainLobby library.

The included calendar swf is superceded by your own custom calendar scene with similar many graphical elements.


I mispoke. I meant to say "Keyboard" swf object. The first time I load the "NewEvent" calendar scene, the keyboard object is "Not Found". When I browse to it and select it, I get a Flash OCX error: Access violation ... I would send you a screen shot of the error dialog, but as soon as it appears, it freezes my computer and I can't snap a screen shot.

I believe I'm using the correct Keyboard swf file, although as I navigate through various Cinemar folders, I see more than one. I tried loading the other keyboard swf's, but still had the same crash.

Does anyone have the "NewEvent" calendar scene working with the provided Keyboard swf file?

PS. I upgrade my Outlook app from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007, and now the MLOutlook addin appears correctly in the Outlook menu, and it functions correctly. Perhaps Outlook 2000 is too old.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

User avatar
ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1304
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: San Leandro, CA
Contact:

Keyboard Error Dialog Box

Postby ronsatter » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:44 pm

Here's a screen shot of what happens when I try to use the included Keyboard swf file for MLCalendar "NewEvent" scene.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!


Return to “MLOutlook”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest