MLPhoneBook issues

Thread to discuss the MLOutlook family of applications: MLCalendar / MLEmail / MLPhoneBook
ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

MLPhoneBook issues

Postby ricks » Sat May 10, 2008 9:44 am

Have been playing with the MLPhoneBook plugin and came across a few issues. If anyone has solved these I would appreciate some suggestions.

1. When updating contacts via Outlook Add-in, I get the following:
Error 13 - (Type mismatch)@line 80 in procedure CopyContactsToXML of SharedCode

2. Sometimes get "Bad Key Name" before any telephone number. When I delete the entry "Bad Key Name" in Country Code I still get it before each telephone number. On some restarts the "Bad Key Name" doesn't appear. On again, off again problem.

3. None of the images seem to show up in ML either in the button next to the name in the list or in the current name. I noticed in the MLS log that I'm getting a lot of Error# 11102, error while performing a File I/O operation raised by WebServer_Get.

4. Also get Error# 35752 - URL is malformed raised by GetRemoteFile

5. Whenever I hit the "Favorites" button I get a pop-up for SCGrid1: Error 3704 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. The "All" button seems to work fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

ricks

Postby ricks » Thu May 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Can I get an Amen?

At least I'd know someone saw this post. Would love to use this plugin which I purchased but can't get past the errors listed above.

Thanks,
Rick

cborod

Postby cborod » Fri May 16, 2008 2:07 am

i did
i did
i did i saw it
ChrisB

ricks

Postby ricks » Fri May 16, 2008 8:55 am

Oh thank God! Now I can sleep tonight. :)

Now all I need is someone who can answer the above questions.

Rick

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Fri May 16, 2008 9:52 am

Sorry guys, I have been out of town all week. I will see if I can figure out what is going on this weekend.

Tracy

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Wed May 21, 2008 12:25 am

You guys have me stumped. Can you tell me what version you are using? Based on #1, it looks something is wrong with the Outlook database

Where is the bad key name showing? In Outlook or the MLS plugin on the server?

Can you post a MLS log in verbose mode?

I passed the MLS errors on to Dave P. I never noticed those before the last update, but now mine is doing it also. We are working to locate the problem.

I cannot reproduce #5.

Any additional info that you can provide would be apprecriated.

thanks
Tracy

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Wed May 21, 2008 1:41 am

Dave P made a change in MLS which will take care of a couple of issues. Please give it a try and let me know how it works out. It should take care of 3 and 4. Please make sure you are using MLPhonebook version .384 or higher and Outlook plugin version 3.082 or higher.

Tracy

ricks

Postby ricks » Wed May 21, 2008 10:12 am

Hi Tracy,

I was at the latest of MLOutlook, MLCalendar, MLEmail, Addin and MLPhonebook. I just upgraded MLServer to the latest as of this morning. Still have all of the errors noted above.

- The first screen capture (Favs) shows what happens when I hit Favorites.
- The second SC (webserverget) shows the MLS log when I try to display a record with a photo of the person.
- The third SC (Bad Key) shows where the Bad Key originates. Since I don't use country codes I'm surprised it sometimes shows up for local numbers in Home Phone, Business Phone, Mobile Phone.
- The fourth SC (Addin) shows the Addin log after updating the phonebook.

Hope this helps.

Rick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Wed May 21, 2008 4:33 pm

That helps a bunch, I will see if I can get through it tonight.

thanks
Tracy

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 pm

A new version will be released shortly that should take care of most of the issues. When you start up after installing the new plugin, just clear out the country and area code fields and either replace or leave blank. Then close the plugin, that should take care of the bad key issue.

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat May 24, 2008 11:38 am

Hi Tracy,

#'s 2, 4 & 5 are fixed.

Still get #1 "Error 13" and #3 "Error 11102" and no images show up.

Thanks,
Rick

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Sat May 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Glad to see we are making a little headway. I will have to pass #3 on to Dave P to see if he has any insight.

The error message is related to the individual contact records in your database. I have a couple of questions for you:

Are some of the contact records making it to the plugin?

Any chance that you have some bad contact records in your database? For some reason the ones that are throwing the error are not actual contact records, thus the "TYPE MISMATCH". If your answers to the above dont give me any clues, I will put in some additional debugging to track this down.

thanks for the help
Tracy

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat May 24, 2008 1:25 pm

It seems as though all of my Outlook contacts show up in MLPhonebook. Would the number of error messages reflect the number of problem entries? In other words if I have 8 error messages does that mean I have 8 bad entries? Any idea what a bad entry would look like?

Regarding the images, on the listings with the small photo, the variable in the image is {{mlphonebook_image_0001}}. There is no such varibale in MLS or similar variable that would contain the small image.

The larger image in the contact detail has the variable {{mlphonebook_current_image}} which translates to:

HTTP://Servername:6246/getimage?http:// ... Image1.jpg

Should I have a folder setup for /images/CallerID/TempMLPhonebook/CurrentImage1.jpg?

Losing track of where these contact photos should be located. Server? PC with Outlook Addin?

Thanks,
Rick

ricks

Postby ricks » Sat May 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Another quirk. It appears that when an update is done, either automated or manual, the favorites checkbox is cleared.

Also, is there a command that can be added to make a contact a favorite?

Thanks,
Rick

ricks

Postby ricks » Mon May 26, 2008 3:39 pm

Tracy,

Any chance the following could be done?

As of now it seems as though MLCallerID looks for images in C:\Images\CallerID and images must be named 2125551212.jpg.

On the other hand, MLPhonebook looks for images in C:\Images\CallerID\TempMLPhonebook\CurrentImage##.jpg.

Since MLPhonebook will look where you choose when adding a photo to Outlook Contacts, can MLPhonebook be changed to look in C:\Images\CallerID instead of C:\Images\CallerID\TempMLPhonebook\CurrentImage##.jpg?

What would be better is if the directory where all of these files are placed was within the Cinemar folder so they could be moved along with Cinemar if needed such as:

C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Contact Images\ or something like that. But that would require changes to MLCallerID as well. At this point I'd settle for just the MLPhonebook change.

Rick

Return to “MLOutlook”