Aprilaire Driver

Forum to discuss HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Cooling) related hardware support.
Seajeff

Aprilaire Driver

Postby Seajeff » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I have 3 aprilaire thermostats that are networked and working well. (I can access them via RS232 terminal). But I'd now like to integrate these with Mainlobby.

Will the MLThermostat support Aprilaire? I don't see it in the list of supported Thermostats from the Cinemar product page, which lists:

Proliphix Models:
All IP Based Thermostats
HAI Models:
Coming Soon
RCS Models:
Coming Soon

I've gotten basic work with the MLGenericSerial (which I learned isn't supported by Cinemar), and also experimented with MLGenericDevice (I believe recommended when a custom plugin isnt available) but with MLThermostat, my 30 day eval expired long ago.

However, I can't find the Aprilaire support for the plugin. Is the plugin still available and working? Is it the same as MLThermostat? I swear I remember Aprilaire as a supported model. I also have an Elk so could use that to control the thermostat, but it seems cleaner to simply control it straight from mainlobby.

Is anyone using Mainlobby to control their aprilaire thermostats or offer advice?

Thanks,
jeff

Return to “HVAC Support”