MLDMR can not find Nine

Digital Media Recognition for music and movie meta data and cover art.
qabpea

MLDMR can not find Nine

Postby qabpea » Thu May 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi

MLDMR quite often have problems looking up films. "Nine" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" are two films that are not found by a search in the content manager.
The are both found at allmovies.com though.

--Per

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLDMR can not find Nine

Postby CinemarDave » Thu May 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Both the Blu-Ray and DVD versions of "Nine" are in the database. I must have a bad SQL query in the Content Manager. I'll look into it. The Girl that Kicked The Hornet's Nest has not made it into the database yet. I'm looking at why.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 am

Dave,

I imported around 300 movies last week and struggled with around 5 titles. In the end I searched the web for the UPC code and fed this into the movie lookup system and this worked. One of the titles was "Up". Another was "Never Been Kissed". It will fail if you search for this, but using the UPC of 024543057628 it will work

I can check my logs if you need more examples.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri May 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Version 3.90.94 of the Content Manager and version 3.90.217 of the DVDLobby plugin modifies the SQL search query so that the movie Nine will be found. It turns out that Nine, like Up, being a common term, appears in more then 150 movies in the database. The query was modified to do a exact match search before doing a full text search. You'll see the movies now.

As for The Girl Who kicked the Hornet's Nest. This is a foreign film (Sweden) and you'll find it in the database under its original title of "Luftslottet som sprängdes" or "Luftslottet som sprengtes"

qabpea

Postby qabpea » Sat May 22, 2010 9:19 am

Great, I tried it yesterday and it works fine, and yes it is called "Luftslottet som sprängdes" in Swedish (Going back home to Stockholm for a week tonight)

Return to “MLDMR”