MLDMR Lookup Fails with AnyDVD Enabled

Digital Media Recognition for music and movie meta data and cover art.
jpimentel
Expert
Expert

MLDMR Lookup Fails with AnyDVD Enabled

Postby jpimentel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:38 am

Hi,

I am running into some issues with current titles and AnyDVD

First of all many new titles do not lookup properly with ANyDVD Enabled

So, the AnyDVD application needs to be temporarily disabled while the lookup is performed.

The next issue is that it needs to be re-enabled to properly back up discs.

The next issue after that is that the XCopy techniques no longer works using AnyDVD and many of these same new titles.

The solution is to use the ripper built in to AnyDVD, but simply using the AnyDVD application by itself is not really an automated solution.

I found a few cli tools on Slysoft's web site that will enable, disable and envoke the rip command with source and destination, but they are lacking a bit too because they leave and extra folder called "DVD" in the folder structure and the percent complete no longer works.

So, the process is pretty messy at the moment.

Here is where I am...

I can invoke a look-up command using anytool2 with this macro

Macro|
Sys.{{catalog_processlocation}}|Send~AnyDVD.Disable!
MLDVDLobby|Catalog_Clear!
MLDVDLobby|Catalog_Local~{{catalog_processdrive}}!
MLPause|10!
Sys.{{catalog_processlocation}}|Send~AnyDVD.Enable

But, my first concern is that I don't want to hold up the MLServer thread with the long pause required here.

My second concern is that after the enable command, Any DVD takes as much as 30 seconds to read the disc and become ready. If a user tries to select backup before AnyDVD is ready it will fail and not return any status as to why.

My third concern is the folder structure as mentioned before, the Anytool2 automation device leaves an extra "DVD" folder int he path after the Title folder (which is better than the random Disc ID folder left behind by AnyDVD by itself). Basically I need to know how to modify the way the "catalog_moviefile" varaible is set to add the DVD folder to the path.

My fourth concern is that there is no status returned to the Main Lobby Client for percentage complete like there was with xcopy. Not sure how Dave got it to work with xcopy, but it seems that same technique would work here. This is important because if you try to do another one while the first one is still going, it blows up rather nicely.

So, I'm looking for creative ways to solve these problems.

Thanks,
Regards,

John

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:06 pm

John, upgrade to the latest version of the ClientSvc application making sure to delete your clientsvc.mdb file before the upgrade. The latest version of ClientSvc supports the AnyDVD HD ripper and it will allow you to rip to iso or file structure. Full two-way ripping support is provided.

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:33 pm

So after the upgrade, I see two new options on the client Svc side but they do not appear on the dvd lobby side. Do I need to upgrade dvdlobby too?

If not do I just use the other option and type the command in there?

Thanks,
Regards,

John

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:47 pm

jpimentel wrote:So after the upgrade, I see two new options on the client Svc side but they do not appear on the dvd lobby side. Do I need to upgrade dvdlobby too?

If not do I just use the other option and type the command in there?

Thanks,

I tried using option 2 and it starts the process, but still leaves the Slysoft window open asking for a title folder location and a click to kick it off. Once I do that the status reports correctly.
Regards,

John

Return to “MLDMR”