MLDMR Production release

Digital Media Recognition for music and movie meta data and cover art.
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:33 pm

JJ, don't know what to say. I've downloaded that same file and it is there. EMail me a screen shot of what your MLDVDLobby dialogs looks like. It will tell me what version it is. Also, email me a screen shot of your main plugins Window showing MLDVDLobby.

If you are using the sample scenes look in the advanced section of the scene. There are startup macros running on the scene that are probably causing the thumbails per page issue you are seeing.

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:48 am

Dave,

Just a follow up. The 3.75.10 DVDLobby plugin content has now magically appeared. Cant splain it. I tried reloading the plugin and MLserver serveral times prevously with not change. One thing you may want to change is have all Movie Security Rating Locks off (not ON) by default as this through me for a loop having new movies I added not showing up.

As for the thumbnails per page issue, you were correct as the thumbs per page variable was set by the 0019 scenes I tested. I now reset it in my scenes. What effect does the browser settings in the DVDLobby plugin have?

Many Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:57 am

Good to know you're seeing what I see now. The browser settings in the plugin are used as system defaults. If all your clients share the same screen geometry then you can just set the default dimensions in the plugin and not have to worry about setting the server variables. If you have some clients that use different screen layouts, like a Samsung Q1, then you can use the server variables to override the system defaults.

sfreiman
Expert
Expert

Postby sfreiman » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Does this work with the Sony '875 as well? Can it interface somehow with the Sony CD Changers/CDJ to replace CDDB?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:53 pm

No the 875 does not provide a serial interface so there is no way to get two-way feedback from the changer. (Unless sony changed something)

pendlet

Postby pendlet » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:28 pm

I would like to be added to the beta. Just moved and putting all the DVDs and CD's back in the right slots is a pain. This look up feature will sure save time.

Thanks Tim

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:44 am

Thought I'd give some public feedback to you all here. I've been using/working with the plugin from the begining. Dave is doing an absolutely amazing job. This is really going to be the icing on the cake when completed.

At any rate...I am very happy how this is shaping to date and we are putting it through the grinder everyday in a very "real world" scenario.

Good work Cinemar!

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:54 am

any room for another in the beta?

EDIT
also, for hard drive based movies what formats does it understand? I am just starting to think about switching to hard disk based movies so that would help.
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

alexzogh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby alexzogh » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Ok,

I've got some downtime at work again.

Any chance I could be added to the Beta?

I have every known hard-drive based file known to mankind.
Alex D Zoghlin

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:08 pm

Welcome aboard :)

jstaab

Postby jstaab » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:53 pm

If I'm reading this correctly, the lookup can occur at any client PC running Mainlobby, correct? Thus, if the client PC has has a DVD drive, the movie can be added to the database from this client correct? The problem is, my MLServer does not have a DVD drive (very small footprint PC) and my changer is not serial based. Anyway, if DVDs can be added from a client PCs drive, I'd like to try the beta as well. If not, then nevermind :-)

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:26 pm

Yes the movie can be added from any MainLobby client PC. All you need to do is share the local DVD drive so that MLServer can access it. Then in the Settings/Network tab you need to create an entry that points to this share name so that it can appear in the list of available source drives.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:29 pm

The lookup can happen at any PC that has a network shared DVD optical drive. And, some Cinemar software (MainLobby client is optional for that PC).

The user interaction (to see what the movie in the PC drive (no matter which PC)) is done in MainLobby Client.

The movie database has to be on the MLServer PC, same with MLDMR plugin.

Once the movie is looked up, it can be launched on any PC with correct software loaded (MainLobby 3 client optional on this PC too).

The lookup can also occur via a PC where either a Sony CX777ES serial changer is located, or a Sony or Powerfile firewire changer is located.

Very configurable.

MikeKade

Beta Done?

Postby MikeKade » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:01 pm

I have a Sony Changer with DVD Lobby and have not yet cataloged any of my DVD's... Would love to be included in the beta at this late date if it is still open.

1bad55

Postby 1bad55 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:40 pm

I have been testing the new DMR and from what I can tell it seems to work very well.

I know the release is soon so I wanted to point out that in the DMR_Movies.Catalog.CX777ES.mls scene that the scroller for the overview does not work.

After investigation I found that the command assigned is wrong.

the wrong command MLText|ScrollDown~11

it shoud be MLText|ScrollDown~stage~11

Just an FYI for everyone.

Return to “MLDMR”