ML1WirePro plugin released to Beta

ML1WirePro allows for database storage and MainLobby presentation of 1-Wire technology devices.
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

ML1WirePro plugin released to Beta

Postby DavidL » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:51 pm

ML1WirePro supports 1-Wire technology devices. 1-Wire are small semiconductors that each has a unique serial number that it broadcasts over the connecting wire. This allows for numerous 1-Wire devices to be connected to the PC via "1 Wire". The ML1WirePro plugin deciphers the value that each individual chip on the wire sends for individual tracking.

1-Wire devices are very inexpensive which makes it a very small investment to add monitoring of all kinds of tasks. The developer of the 1WirePro plugin uses it for detailed monitoring of his geothermal heating system for fine tuning and resultant energy savings. Monitoring the temperature of every room in the house is an inexpensive proposition with 1-Wire devices and the ML1WirePro plugin.

ML1WirePro is a plugin for "Power Users". It provides the ability to store 1-Wire technology device values in a SQL database and provides for charting within the plugin. ML1WirePro creates variable(s) with the current value of your 1-Wire device for presentation in MainLobby client.

SQLExpress was chosen for this task as 1-Wire devices can create enormous amounts of data and SQLExpress is free from Microsoft.

This opens many doors for all kinds of projects.

Because of it's nature, support for this plugin will be nominal as most all issues will be about understanding on how to install an SQL database that is outside of the support scope of Cinemar. The Cinemar community is welcome to share installation tips, databases, How To's, etc. on both this forum thread, as well as on the Documentation Wiki.

Hopefully in the near future, we can script the installation of a SQL database with some database import tools that will allow other non experts to use 1-Wire devices with MainLobby3.

Documentation Wiki:
http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/wiki ... ugin#About

This is a beta level plugin so be sure to backup your system before installing and only participate in the beta knowing that this is untested software.

Post in this forum section your questions and comments.
Please keep this thread clean for update notices.
Subscribe to this thread to get an email when there is an update.

Various 1-Wire devices have been tested, but not all. Temp, Humidity are the anticipated most common, and work fine. Post your results in this forum thread with your Device ID and comments on the devices results and we can evaluate adding it in a future update.

Download the plugin here http://www.cinemaronline.com/software/b ... _Setup.exe

August 22, 2007
ML1WirePro plugin update 3.0.80 posted

June 9, 2007
ML1WirePro plugin release to BETA

Last edited by DavidL on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby MurrayW » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:02 pm

I would like to monitor the temperature of my AV closet that contains my MLServer PC. This plugin seems to be just what I need. I have done a little googling looking for a 1-Wire temperature sensor that I could hook up to one of the serial ports on my MLServer PC, but I am not having much luck finding a ready-to-use product. Can someone give me a link or brand/model number for a 1-Wire temperature sensor that would work with this plugin?

thanks,
Murray

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:13 pm

Murray:
They are pretty easy to make. My son builds them. You just need to make sure and get compatible equipment. PM if you would like more information.

Tracy

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:24 pm

90CE wrote:Murray:
They are pretty easy to make. My son builds them. You just need to make sure and get compatible equipment. PM if you would like more information.

Tracy
PM sent. Thanks Tracy!

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:15 am

Version 3.0.80 is available for beta download.

Return to “ML1WirePro”