Server Rules and iPod vars

Forum to discuss iPod related plugins such as the Sonance iPort.
rileydog
Expert
Expert

Server Rules and iPod vars

Postby rileydog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 am

I was trying to setup server rules based on the variable mlipod_iport_001_playingtitle, specifically when the variable changes. Doesn't work.

Is this because the plugin is setting these variables fast and thus, these variables are not able to be used in server rules? The only variable I am able to key on now is mlipod_iport_001_coverart but I don't think this will reliably work (may get 2 unknown cover arts in a row so no change on a song)...

Thanks,

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server Rules and iPod vars

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:34 pm

All the variables were being set in fast mode. I just added the option to turn this off. Install version 3.75.22 of the iPod Family manager and you'll have a new check box that will turn off fast mode. Then your automation rules will fire.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 pm

I will give it a try and THANKS! Plugin is rock solid since I re-built my server.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm

So close - I am trying to trigger off playingtitle but that variable is changed before the playingartist variable changes, thus my lyrics calls are all returning no lyrics because the artist is the last song and the title is the current song.

Can you move the playtitle to be the LAST ipod variable updated for all variables so that when I trigger off that change, all the other variables contain the correct information about the current song on the server call? Or, just make sure artist is BEFORE the playingtitle as that is all I need to make the lyrics work.

Thanks again...

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:59 pm

I was able to get it working by adding a pause in my server rule - so, I got a workaround. Thanks.

Return to “iPod”