Cannot send commands from Nuvo GC Plugin

Forum to discuss plugin support for the Nuvo brand of products.
jtcox100

Cannot send commands from Nuvo GC Plugin

Postby jtcox100 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:09 am

Finally got my Nuvo GC hardware installed and was playing with the plugin. I am connecting through serial port 2 (vs. a global cache) and it seems to be able to get data from the Nuvo. For example, there are variables created in MLServer and when I manually turn off a zone the variable is updated immediately. However, when I send a command I get no response. For example, the following command "MLServeCMD.MLGrandConcerto|Send_Message~test123 " does nothing at the keypad and produces the following log:
Processing - Send_Message~test123 from tablet1
CMD: Send_Message~test123 FROM: tablet1
Sending command for SEND_MESSAGE - *MSG"test123 "
Sending command for SEND_MESSAGE - *MSG"test123 " via COM: 2

If I close MLServer and use Hyperterminal on the same port with the same settings and same cable, I can send commands just fine, i.e. *AllOff turns off all keypads. Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks,
Todd.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Upgrade to version 3.0.115 of the plugin and let us know if this solves the issue.

jtcox100

Postby jtcox100 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:53 pm

Dave,

Unfortunately not. This is particularly frustrating since I am able to receive from the Nuvo to MLServer, but cannot send commands. I have all of the macros working and I am able to control MusicLobby from the Nuvo keypads. The Device Settings tab updates instantly when I do anything on the Nuvo keypad. However, when I issue "MLServeCmd.MLGrandConcerto|Zone_Off~4" nothing happens. Here is the log file:
Processing - Zone_Off~4 from
CMD: Zone_Off~4 FROM:
Sending command for ZONE_OFF - *Z4OFF
Sending command for ZONE_OFF - *Z4OFF via COM: 2

When I issue All_Off I get the following:
Processing - All_Off from
CMD: All_Off FROM:
Last received command - #?

removed first character - 10
Command - #?
Command not syntax was incorrect
Sending command for ALL_OFF - *ALLOFF
Sending command for ALL_OFF - *ALLOFF via COM: 2

Comm 2 is set properly as far as I can tell. 57600 is the baud rate, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bits and no flow control. I am on version 2.51 on the Nuvo system which I believe to be the latest firmware.

As I posted previously, I can shut down MLServer and hyperterminal connect on port 2 with the same settings. All commands work fine... any suggestions? I can install MLServer on another machine that I have and see if that works, but I would rather not have to do that yet.

Thanks,
Todd.

Anjo

Postby Anjo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Jtcox100, let me answer not knowing if you already managed to work it out with the GC. I have an GC and all is up and working fine, but it took me some time too, to understand the working of it. First of all, DO NOT USE the serial commands as described in the NUVO manual, as these only work through hyperterminal BUT NOT through ML. Most syntaxes in ML needs some overhaul as i found out, but once it works it is great. As an example shutting the GC zones off, use the command all_off.

For powering off and on zones i suggest you use cycelstates (on/off). Describe these cycelstates in MLServer, and use them in the client. I am more then happy to share my GC console with you, if you wish.

Anjo

jtcox100

Postby jtcox100 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Anjo,

First of all, thank you for responding!!

I was able to get this working this past weekend after leaving it for several weeks. I was running in a virtual environment, and when I moved MLServer back to a physical instance of Windows Server 2003, and added some new serial ports, my issues when away. Generally I have not had problems with serial ports within VMWare, but it seemed like it was easier to troubleshoot running directly on Windows. The interesting thing was that under VMWare, I could receive updates from the GC, but I could not send commands. I have the artist and song title information displaying on the keypads as well. What I am trying to do now is use my floorplan layout that I use in my Insteon lighting scene to select which source is in which zone. Lots of programming on that one!!

Thanks,
Todd.

Return to “Nuvo”