Volume Sliders

Forum to discuss plugin support for the Nuvo brand of products.
SparkyD

Volume Sliders

Postby SparkyD » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 pm

How can I control zone volumes using sliders with the Grand Concerto Plugin? The volumes are in the negative range, and do not correlate to a 0-100 scale.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Maybe MLSliders plugin?

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:06 am

I am planning on going that route. I am guessing that anyone using this plugin would want to use sliders to control the zone volumes. Couldn't there be an option in MLGrandConcerto to translate the info to a 0 - 100 scale so it will work automatically? It seems strange that every user will have to do this manually just to have functioning sliders.

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:35 am

I am not near my computer right now, but I think there should be a ZONE_NORMALIZED_VOLUME command and the associated variables. In general, there should be a normalized variable for every volume variable. This should do what you are looking for.

Tracy

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:23 am

Tracy, I found that variable which works perfect for showing volume status on the slider. I don't see the command that will update the volume in a normal manner. I tried:

mlservecmd.mlgrandconcerto|zone_normalized_volume~1~{{value}}

This doesn't work. I don't see a command on the wiki for this. Please let me know if you have one that will work. Thanks!

90CE
Developer
Developer

Postby 90CE » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:35 am

That should work. Looking at the code, I would expect the following to work.

Code: Select all

ZONE_NORMALIZED_VOLUME~Zone~NormalizedVolume

I thought that {value} returned the value from the slider, instead of the {{value}} you show in your command, but I may be wrong.

Can you show me the log when you run that command? Make sure you have logging on before you run the command.

thanks
Tracy

SparkyD

Postby SparkyD » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 am

Hi Tracy, I didn't expect to hear back from you tonight. I started messing around with MLSliders for the first time and got everything working perfectly. If you need me to test something, let me know. Otherwise, I am good to go with the sliders. Great Plugin, Thanks!

Return to “Nuvo”