Interacting with Keypads

Forum to discuss plugin support for the Nuvo brand of products.
jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Interacting with Keypads

Postby jpimentel » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 am

Hi,

After reading through the somewhat sparse documentation on the MLGC plugin, I have found what I need to send data to the keypads, but now I am struggling with how to get control from the keypads back into the system. Just looking for a few basic keys, transport controls and some playlist scrolling etc. Is there a way to trigeer events on keypad presses with this device? Please tell me I don't have to use IR (yuk).

Thanks.
Regards,

John

scottedge

Postby scottedge » Fri May 02, 2008 11:57 pm

I'm also interested in this.
scott

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Sat May 03, 2008 8:30 pm

I figured it out after a fashion.

There is a Macros section in the plugin that you can use to fire MLServer Commands.

To keep the keypad from printing "Not Defined" every time you press a key, you must also assign a macro (just a placeholder, it doesn't have to do anything) to the same key in the NuVo configuration software. The macro# in the plugin's macro area are still a bit of a mystery to me. I'm not sure why the developer hasn't piped up to tell us what the intention was there, but I can only assume that it can be used to fire a macro back on the NuVo side. I'm really not sure why you'd ever want to do that in this environment since everything should be MLServer centric. I suppose if you didn't have IR control you could control a device via the NuVo controller, but that would be a strange configuration. I could be totally off base on this part, as I said I haven't heard anything official on this topic, I just experimented enough with a client's unit to get things going. On mine I just left the macro# blank. The rest seemed to work as desired.

What I really like about the Nuvo Keypad is that you have 4 lines of text to display stuff and a 5th line for special messages. To quote Borat "very nice" :D

Hope this helps.
Regards,

John

scottedge

Postby scottedge » Sun May 04, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks john.
scott

Return to “Nuvo”