Some commands that dont seem to work

Forum to discuss plugin support for the Nuvo brand of products.
Mr. Spock

Some commands that dont seem to work

Postby Mr. Spock » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:38 pm

I started playing around with Nuvo interfacing. I went down the list of about 36 commands in Command Builder. Most commands seems to work well for me (Nuvo GC, 14 zones). I can turn on and off various keypads, adjust volume and source. Pretty cool.

However some of the commands don't seem to work. I've listed them below. I'd be happy to give details, I kept this short.

ZoneMessage. Sort of works. However optional message type does not do anything, such as Flash, Error, or Warning. Messages never stay on longer than about 2 seconds.
SourceMessage. Same as ZoneMessage above, but for Sources.
SetSourceName. Does not do anything. Edited Command Builder syntax but still did not work.
GroupMessage. Does not do anything.
Display. Does not do anything.

My questions:
1) Is this unique to me, Command Builder syntax errors, or do these commands just not work?
2) Is this list of about 36 commands in Command Builder the entire command list?

I'm trying to work up a synced up keypad display for the meta data and transport control. Any help or shared code is appreciated.
Live long and prosper.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Some commands that dont seem to work

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 am

I wrote the driver based off the protocol document. All the commands listed in the protocol document are exposed in the command builder. I do not have Nuvo hardware for testing so I'd have to work with you to resolve any issues using your hardware for testing. We need to test the commands that are not working and let me see the Nuvo event log so I can see what I'm really sending and what the Nuvo is sending back.

Mr. Spock

Re: Some commands that dont seem to work

Postby Mr. Spock » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks Dave, I sent you a PM for logmein.

Of course some of this you won't be able to confirm because its the display you need to see.
Live long and prosper.

Return to “Nuvo”