A feature request for MLStockInfo

Post scenes, comments about the MLStockInfo Plugin and it's use.
mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

A feature request for MLStockInfo

Postby mosleyh » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 pm

A feature request for MLStockInfo.

I would like MLStockInfo to put the stock symbols entered into the plugin in variables, such as {{stock1}}, {{stock2}}, etc.? (All capital letters would be the best.)

The reason I would like this is so that{{stock{{stock1}}_price}}, {{stock{{stock1}}_change}} and the like could be used in my scenes. (I'm assuming that the stock name variable being all caps wouldn't cause a problem - MLS variables aren't case sensitive, are they?)

This would allow the user to change the ticker symbols in the plugin and have them propagate to the clients without having to change the variables in the scenes themselves.

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:47 am

I second this request! I don't want the homeowner to ever have to go to MLServer to enter info. They should be able to enter the symbols they want to track from the touchpad.

I'll donate time & a on-screen-keyboard to this cause.

This is a HOT request from a current client.

-JSS

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:20 am

This concept (management outside of MLServer UI) is currently being worked on. This will take a while as there are lots of ramifications and items involved.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:13 pm

All I want is for the info entered into the plugin (ticker, description) to be made available as variables so that I don't have to hard-code the stock symbols into my scenes.

It seems silly to have to change the information in multiple places. Also, this would allow the user (with a bit of ingenuity) to flash through all of them in turn, creating a sort of "ticker" that would take up very little room in a home scene as compared to a static list.

Entering the tickers from the clients would be nice also, but I can see how that could be a major undertaking. . .

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:20 pm

The stocks are not identified by name, but by a generic alias. This is the most current version. I have also included in scenes that display the appropriate info. You just put your stock symbols, names and shares in the plugin, and everything else works out of the box.

mosleyh
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mosleyh » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:06 pm

That wasn't a complaint - just a clarification of my original post after looking at the docs for the new plugin.

I see after actually installing it that the tickers are in fact published as variables. Bravo!=D>

Return to “MLStockInfo”