Using IR Codes learned from the USBUIRT for the USBIR6

Forum to discuss Cinemar's USBIR6 IR hardware and plugin
MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Using IR Codes learned from the USBUIRT for the USBIR6

Postby MurrayW » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:59 pm

I have been using a USBUIRT for quite a while and have a rather large IR code library. I didn't want to relearn everything so I was hoping I could re-use my USBUIRT codes with the USBIR6.

I opened up my original USBUIRT.mdb file in MS Access and compared all the Objects to the USBUIR6.mdb file. The setup looks identical. So, I thought I could just rename my USBUIRT.mdb file as USBUIR6.mdb and go from there. When I try to send commands using the "test" function in the USBUIR6 plugin on both an original IR code and a newly learned command I get the following errors:

Code: Select all

SendIR: Device[DVR.1] Funct[1]
SendIR Error #-2147217904 - No value given for one or more required parameters., Microsoft JET Database Engine
SendIR: Device[DVR.1] Funct[test]
SendIR Error #-2147217904 - No value given for one or more required parameters., Microsoft JET Database Engine


I thought that if there was something causing this error from the renamed USBUIRT file it could perhaps be "fixed" by re-installing the MLUSBIR6 plugin in the hopes that the database would be converted so that this error would go away. No such luck...I still get these JET database engine errors after the re-install. How can I get my old codes from my USBUIRT into the USBUIR6 database?

thanks,
Murray
Last edited by MurrayW on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MurrayW
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:05 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Postby MurrayW » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:26 pm

OK, I figured this one out. In the Devices table, the USBUIRT.mdb file did not have a column for IR Zone. I added that column and put in zone values. I also changed a couple of fields from Unicode Compression = Yes to No to match what was in the USBIR6.mdb file. I "tested" some commands and there were no errors in the Event log.

One problem solved...still having problems with the USBIR6 hardware detailed in my other post! :cry:

Hopefully this will help others migrate their USBUIRT database over to USBIR6.

Murray


Return to “USBIR6”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest