USBIR w/ IR Connector Block

Forum to discuss Cinemar's USBIR6 IR hardware and plugin
Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:23 pm

I have an existing Xantech connector block that receives input from an IR receiver. There are 4 emitters connected to the connecting block.

Can simply take one of the emitter outputs from the USBIR and piggy-back my IR receiver connection on the Xantech connecting block? Essentially making my USBIR act as an IR receiver for the connecting block?

I don't want to give the IR receiver I have, so the piggy-back is key.
- Funboy

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:29 pm

I think that might work. easy enough to try.

Funboy
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Funboy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:37 pm

I was worried that if I piggy-back the USBIR emitter connection with the IR receiver connection on the connection block, when I receive an IR signal from the receiver, it would travel back up the wires to the USBIR emitter connector and blow it.

The emitter connectors only send signals 1 way. What would happen if they received a signal? Would I see smoke?
- Funboy

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:46 am

No, that won't work. But here is what will work.

Go buy a GC-CGX Global Cache to Xantech cable from any number of places. You want the one that converts from global cache to Xantech. it is used for connecting an IR emmitter to an IR receiver input on a connecting block. It has a minijack, so buy a stereo mini-jack cable and rip off the male end if you need to expose the wires to attach it to the wire terminals, or if your's has an IR receiver mini-jack input, simply buy a 2 or 3 way splitter cable for stereo headphones.

I have mine setup this way and it is working perfect.

I also feed a xantech output on the connecting block to the USBIR6 receiver input so that I can see commands being sent all over the house and take actions.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Return to “USBIR6”