IR learn cable

Forum to discuss Cinemar's USBIR6 IR hardware and plugin
bigDvette
Expert
Expert

IR learn cable

Postby bigDvette » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:33 pm

I think my IR learn cable is messed up and a few codes just won't learn.

These are 2 seperate issues I think.

First, I have to fiddle with the IR learn cable to get it to always work. It is very unreliable and very picky. More so than any other solution I have used. I don't know why I can't use teh pronto codes I learned for teh GC100, but I have to relearn all the codes using the IR learn function on the USBIR6 and it is not going smoothly.

Second, the Info and the Input button on my Tivo Series 3 remote can not be learned. I think what happens is it doesn't send a repeated code and teh USBIR6 learn function doesn't ever come back. So the signal strength is high but it the horizontal bar gets about 33% full and then stops. I have tried on multiple code sets and both Tivo codes 1 and 2 it fails.

Any help appreciated.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:53 pm

Hello (tap tap tap) is this on?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:25 pm

hmmm, learn takes a few seconds to get the right angle and distance, and then works fine...at least for all the Learning I have done with it.
Something electrically wrong? Like bad connection that "fixes" itself when you move something? Possible, but unlikely.

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:03 pm

well if that were true then there wouldn't be 2 keys that I just can't learn. It is the info and input button on the Tivo Series 3 remote. It is very inconsistent. I don't move anything around either.

Return to “USBIR6”