Events Based On Received IR Commands

Forum to discuss Cinemar's USBIR6 IR hardware and plugin
jespeed

Events Based On Received IR Commands

Postby jespeed » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:58 am

Hello All,

I am having some trouble with using events based on received IR commands into the USBIR6 IR Receiver port. I am using a remote that I no longer use for any of my equipment to issue IR commands to the USBIR6 receiver port and then trying to fire macro commands based on those received IR commands. It seemed to work fine at first but then I noticed that even though I am using different buttons on the remote to make different events the event numbers are the same for all of the events I made. In other words, no matter which button I press on the remote the same event number is created and that means that no matter which button I press I can have only one event / macro. I even tried using very different buttons to make different events but to no avail. For instance, I used the digit "0" and then I used a "Volume Up" button but when I went to make two events based on these two buttons each one had the same event number which means MLServer cannot tell the difference between the two. This is driving me crazy. I want to make quite a few different events but this is not allowing me to do so.

Is it possible to just tell USBIR6 what IR code to look for instead of an event number?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

jespeed

Postby jespeed » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:11 pm

Can anyone help with this?

Just want to know if I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Jim,

They should be based on the IR commands. Double check to make sure the ones you learned are in fact unique. Regardless, you may try relearning them to see if that helps.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:52 pm

ie: Learn the remote first (using the IR Learn dongle plugged into the Learn jack). Then, switch to the Macros screen and assign a macro to the incoming now Learned event.

jespeed

Postby jespeed » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:23 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info. I am still confused though.

First, I did make sure that the remote was unique and that the individual buttons were unique. If I am understanding things correctly the event field gets populated when you press a button on the remote. Is there another way to populate this field? You say to learn the buttons on the remote that I want to use through the learning dongle. No problem with that step but how do I reference that learned button in the macro event field? A step by step would be very helpful. It would be cool if I could just learn a button, give it a name and then put that name in the event field but I don't see how to do that.

One of the macros I have made has an event field with the following name / number : 2102515555C1. Where does this number come from? This is the event number that is very hard to get unique even when using very different remotes and buttons.

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Take care,

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:45 pm

The event IDs (2102515555C1) are automatically generated by the USBIRT during learn mode. We do not generate them in the plugin. They should be unique per IR code since they most likely are generated by running the IR code against some formula. If you look at the IR codes that are being generated in learn mode are they unique? Or is it also generating the same IR code for every button learned?

jespeed

Postby jespeed » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:06 am

The learned codes are unique. You have to look for the difference carefully but they are there. That is my issue, the buttons and IR codes are different but the event IDs are the same and it is hard to get unique ones for the events I still need to create.

Thanks for your interest.

take care,

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

jespeed

Postby jespeed » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:00 pm

I am still having no luck with this. Is there any other way to get unique event numbers? I really want to use this but its proving to be difficult.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Spence
Take care,

Jim Spence

Return to “USBIR6”