Using Multiple USBIR6 connected to an external USB hub

Forum to discuss Cinemar's USBIR6 IR hardware and plugin
VinceC

Using Multiple USBIR6 connected to an external USB hub

Postby VinceC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:19 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering is the driver for this device is able to support multiple USBIR6's. We have some projects coming up that will need more than 6 distinct IR ports, and we were thinking about mounting the IR cards in an external enclosure and using a USB hub to plug them all in to the MLServer computer.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
-Vince

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:44 pm

VinceC, It is possible - we looked into it. It will require a driver change which is doable, just needs priority. We'll put it on the "list". Let us know when your priority becomes important on this one.

lifeoreilly

Any news on the use of multiple USBIR6's

Postby lifeoreilly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:10 am

Just a quick post to see if there is any update on the use of multiple USBIR6's on the same computer

Cheers
LifeOReilly

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Technically it is possible, but it would be several days of work. We have gotten a few inquries to support this, but not enough to make the case. If you have a volume purchase in mind, then that might change things.

lifeoreilly

Postby lifeoreilly » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Hello Dave - I am looking to purchase 3 USBIR6's to cover off my current project. Can't say for future projects - Does this count as large enough volume :D

lifeoreilly

Any update

Postby lifeoreilly » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 am

Hello there

Just a quick follow up to see if I can persuade you to modify the driver for multiple usbir6's

cheers Adam

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:48 am

Hi Adam,
Unfortunately, three devices revenue won't pay for the development.
If we had gotten more requests in the past, then we might consider, but there is a lot on the plate right now and this would have to be an "easy" decisionl.

Why do you need three? 18 zones of IR? Can you use one zone to cover two areas ie: use different IR codes for the unique devices across the zones? You can power more than six IR emitters with one USBIR6. You just won't have more than six independent zones where up to six identical hardware can be controlled individually. Note that some hardware allows for setting of different IR control sets for just this problem.

lifeoreilly

Postby lifeoreilly » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:04 am

Could I offer a donation in order to assist in the cost/revenue balance for the development???

Return to “USBIR6”